Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: South Florida, Atlantic Coast  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Peculiar Thomas

• 1st Kit
  • Just a Peculiar Character
    • Of a Peculiar Character
South Florida, Atlantic Coast
« on: December 29, 2016, 09:10:43 am »
I am visiting family through New Year's Day, in Palm Beach. I've already sampled Due South's Category 5 and Funky Buddha's Hop Gun, beers my brother-in-law generously left in my mom's fridge. I love Cigar City, espeically Jai Alai and Maduro. What else is local, new and noteworthy?

Offline riceral

• Brewer
Re: South Florida, Atlantic Coast
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:18:17 am »
If you like Belgian beer, Barrel of Monks Brewing--Boca Raton

http://barrelofmonks.com

Ralph R.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »
I like the Square Grouper Tiki Bar. It's on the water, which I like.
http://squaregrouper.net/
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline Peculiar Thomas

• 1st Kit
  • Just a Peculiar Character
    • Of a Peculiar Character
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 11:27:56 am »
While out with family, tried a good deal of Funky Buddha and Due South. Tried a new to me Cigar City, Invasion which is their pale ale. I found a Concrete Beach, an imperial porter, that was probable about the middle of the range. The red English ale from Funky Buddha was definitely my favorite of the trip. Due South's maple orange imperial caramel cream ale didn't live up to the advertising, a good endorsement to stick to simpler ideas and recipes. I brought down a couple of bombers of my beer for family. I filled the shipper I used to keep those safe in my checked bag with Barrel of Monks' dubbel and Hourglass' dark English barleywine, the latter almost more because I love English barley wines more than that I recognized the brewery, which is out of Longwood, FL if I remember.