Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low oxygen brewing yield  (Read 2540 times)

Big Monk

Re: Low oxygen brewing yield
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 10:54:23 pm »
No let's say motivation for the homebrewer. If he brews a RIS he may not " need " the lodo techniques as much.
"Need"? Maybe not just imperial stout.

ALL beers will benefit in one way or another. Do they need it? That's up to you, but that doesn't change the fact that they will benefit.

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
Re: Low oxygen brewing yield
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 05:06:57 am »
No let's say motivation for the homebrewer. If he brews a RIS he may not " need " the lodo techniques as much.

ALL beers will benefit in one way or another. Do they need it? That's up to you, but that doesn't change the fact that they will benefit.
This statement does not contradict my "rules".
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Big Monk

Low oxygen brewing yield
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 06:33:27 am »

This statement does not contradict my "rules".

I think your "rules" assume low gravity pale lagers or ales with medium to high bitterness  are prime candidates which is true. What is also true is that medium to high gravity (up to 1.090) darker beers with or without the use of more character driven Belgian strains are also candidates, it's just that some changes to accepted ingredients, recipes, process, etc. may be in order.

At the end of the day, not even the paler beers will go on without some modification to recipes and process.