Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NEIPA Fermentation Stall  (Read 3575 times)

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: NEIPA Fermentation Stall
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 12:55:34 pm »
Excellence!  I shall do just that.  I'll grab a new gasket too to see if that aids in the process.  I shall report back with updates.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Many people open ferment, especially over here in the UK.  As long as dust can't get to your brew, things are generally fine.  I wouldn't worry too much about ensuring that your fermenter is completely airtight.

yup. Many brewers and breweries consider open fermentation essential to their beers flavor.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:23 pm »
Excellence!  I shall do just that.  I'll grab a new gasket too to see if that aids in the process.  I shall report back with updates.

Many people open ferment, especially over here in the UK.  As long as dust can't get to your brew, things are generally fine.  I wouldn't worry too much about ensuring that your fermenter is completely airtight.

yup. Many brewers and breweries consider open fermentation essential to their beers flavor.
It is not just ales, you can find many open fermentations in Bavarian lager breweries.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Bobert3222

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »
Open is definitely not something I've dabbled with, outside of kombucha, but that's another story all together.  After checking again still not seeing bubbling so I sanitized some tin foil and the in/out posts and just covered over them.  That should at least take care of it for now I hope