Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A year late, but it's great  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
A year late, but it's great
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:34:10 pm »
I stumbled across a copy of Mastering Homebrew by Randy Mosher copyright 2015 and find it to be more helpful to me than other brewing books I've read.

I like the challenge of developing my own recipes and this book makes it easier.

The charts and  illustrations are more useful and the information is arranged  to show relationships between different kinds of hops and malts for example or the illustrations showing how to modify different types of beers that make it simpler to formulate my own recipes.

I would recommend it to any beginner or intermediate brewer.
It's easier to read brewing books and get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: A year late, but it's great
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:00:03 pm »
I have this book, and while I have not read it in detail yet, when I was browsing it at the book store I was like OH MY GOD, FINALLY someone put a great book out there.  I would say it's best for intermediate to advanced homebrewers.  But I suppose it would help if I would actually pull it out and read the thing now.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:14:53 pm »
Thanks guys, now I feel the need to spend more money when I still have books I haven't read! 😃

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:24:44 pm »
Who needs books when you have this forum? The knowledge you get here is too new and revolutionary to be in a book ;)

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 06:44:18 pm »
Who needs books when you have this forum? The knowledge you get here is too new and revolutionary to be in a book ;)

...and that's NOT debatable. LMAO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk