Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: InBev / Keurig  (Read 2692 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Jesse

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: InBev / Keurig
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:08:57 pm »
This, and buying up Northern Brewer, strikes of so much desperation.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:12:32 pm »
This, and buying up Northern Brewer, strikes of so much desperation.

Yep.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 07:25:14 pm »
This is funny: "But an Anheuser-Busch partnership may mean that it can create home-brewed versions of beers such as Budweiser and Corona"
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline saintjimmy

• 1st Kit
  • Bike, beer, repeat.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:23:44 am »
Making a Keurig beer, is like making a Keurig coffee.  Simple and sh!tty.  I'm pretty sure that the home brewing market doesn't have to worry about it.

Having said that, with InBev buying Northern Brewer, it's like the old saying "The rich get richer".  Why, because they can afford to buy the most lucrative business.  It doesn't mean that they are going to saturate the home brewing market with Bud style beers.  It also doesn't mean that they are going to go and buy my local home brewing supply shop.  I still buy from NB, because they got beers I want to brew.  But I buy the majority of my supplies from my local shop, because www.centennialhomebrewing.com is awesome.

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:38:07 am »
But it's a "booze maker"!!
"beer, spirits, cocktails and mixers"

So not only will it brew beer, it will also distill whiskey, and mix your martini!!!

How could you not want one of these.    ;)
Dan S. from NJ

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 09:00:23 am »
But it's a "booze maker"!!
"beer, spirits, cocktails and mixers"

So not only will it brew beer, it will also distill whiskey, and mix your martini!!!

How could you not want one of these.    ;)

I'm sure it doesn't distill, probably just add vodka. That said I would pay a lot for a home still that was as simple to use a Keurig. ;)

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:03:52 am »
This is funny: "But an Anheuser-Busch partnership may mean that it can create home-brewed versions of beers such as Budweiser and Corona"
Most home brewers aren't talented enough to replicate Bud at home.  Oops , I should have posted that in the unpopular opinions thread.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 09:28:18 am »
There is already a Soda Stream beer maker which looks ridiculous. I think this thing will suck in a similar way.

Just make sure your mom knows not to buy you one for Christmas.

PS. I think it's hilarious that they merely have an idea and not even a prototype but they are already publicizing. What a joke. The engineers at Keurig must hate them for announcing before they even know if they can make a worth while product.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 10:01:24 am »
If I didn't know about the NB acquisition I'd wonder whether this is an opportunity to delegitimize homebrewing (and indirectly craft beer) by reducing homebrewing to a gimmick and bad beer. Put out a gimmicky product that sells next Christmas off two known names and then watch them go into the trash along with the Keurig coffeemakers.

With the NB acquisition I imagine this will be a flagship product until it goes in the trash like a Keurig coffeemaker.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 11:30:32 am »

I can already create a "home-brewed" version of bud. I drink two pints of Prima pils and 45 minutes later I adjourn to the little brewer's room with an empty bud bottle. 
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 12:24:56 pm »

I can already create a "home-brewed" version of bud. I drink two pints of Prima pils and 45 minutes later I adjourn to the little brewer's room with an empty bud bottle.
You might get dinged for it being too hoppy. Fill a green bottle and call it Heineken instead.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

You might get dinged for it being too hoppy. Fill a green bottle and call it Heineken instead.

It's okay, I have a bladder infection.  :)
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women