Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Aging Unistrut?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline BrewHacker

• 1st Kit
Aging Unistrut?
« on: January 10, 2017, 03:12:42 pm »
Hey all, It seems all the posts for building a Unistrut Brew stand are a few years old, so maybe it's a good time to ask... How well have they aged? I'm looking to build and seems like a perfect option for my situation. Any long term effects or issues you've seen, heard, etc. I'm aware of the plastic components related to the Unistrut nuts, but other than that...? Thanks!

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Aging Unistrut?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:26:13 pm »
That article was contributed by a Falcon. Maybe Drew can chime in on its longevity.

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:43 am »
   If you're talking about the round plastic cone on the grooved side of the nuts, they only exist to hold the nut in the strut until a bolt or althread is installed and tightened in place. Once assembled the plastic really no longer serves a purpose. If you are still concerned though, then simply buy unistrut nuts that have the older style spring on the back of the nut instead of the plastic cone on the grooved side.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline BrewHacker

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 06:29:30 am »
I'm aware of the nuts. What I'm curious about is how the Unistrut channel steel has withstood years of cooking. I'm assuming fine, but would like a first hand account. I'll see about tracking down Drew and report back.  ::)
Thanks!