Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing podcast Episode 33  (Read 2925 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Experimental Brewing podcast Episode 33
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 11:16:34 am »
Or just get drew to shoulder some of the load. This whole he's keeping you active during retirement thing is just plain wrong. That's what retirement is for! Make him do all the work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got Drew an editing rig, too, and he's teaching himself to edit the Brew Files.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 11:17:44 am »
A 2 hour episode can take upwards of 20 hours to put together.

Ok, I've been dragging on it, but you've just convinced me to finally become a supporter on patreon.

Thanks, man!  We contributed almost $1200 to charity last year thanks to our Patreon supporters!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline deadpoetic0077

• Assistant Brewer
  • Noobie
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 11:59:16 am »
Or just get drew to shoulder some of the load. This whole he's keeping you active during retirement thing is just plain wrong. That's what retirement is for! Make him do all the work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got Drew an editing rig, too, and he's teaching himself to edit the Brew Files.

So what you are saying is that you were crafty and made this new pod so Drew would learn, so you could pass ALL the editing on to him... you sneaky devil.

I wont tell him...

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 11:29:15 pm »
So what you are saying is that you were crafty and made this new pod so Drew would learn, so you could pass ALL the editing on to him... you sneaky devil.

I wont tell him...

ha - he wishes... Sadly for me - I proposed BF as a way to fill the gap weeks and then volunteered myself to edit when Denny balked. In the past our work has largely been split along these lines - Denny handles all the financials/sponsorships/recording/editing/phone nonesense, I handle the episode writing/outlining, IT, questions/feedback and experiment coordination side of hte biz and we both do Social Media.

Of course, I'm slower than he is at this editing stuff and I have a massively long houred day job and commute plus other projects. (***wah*** feel sorry for me).

SoDenny agreed to launch the second show because it's my baby and I agreed to eidt. Now I'm using the same edit suite that he is so that if we need to swing editorial duties back and forth, I'm kinda, maybe capable in the same way that a 3 legged ox can pull a wagon.

(Having said all that if y'all have ideas for BF - let me know)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison