Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Recall  (Read 1485 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Sierra Nevada Recall
« on: January 23, 2017, 06:00:29 am »
Several brands packaged in Mills River in December/January are under voluntary recall by SN. Apparently the bottle could break in some manner causing the piece of glass to fall into the bottle.

https://mashbang.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/sierra-nevada-12-oz-bottle-recall/
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Sierra Nevada Recall
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:34 am »
Several brands packaged in Mills River in December/January are under voluntary recall by SN. Apparently the bottle could break in some manner causing the piece of glass to fall into the bottle.

https://mashbang.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/sierra-nevada-12-oz-bottle-recall/

I saw that. Just drank three of the Tropical Torpedo Friday. Didn't notice any issue with the bottle neck at all. Probably won't drink the other three, though. Hate to see the bad PR for SN.

Edit -  If it's ONLY on the stuff packaged 1/14/16, then I'm good. Mine was packaged 12/12/16.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:08:10 am by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:01:46 am »
For those who bottle their beer, this is especially important. I've always had an issue with cracking the mouth of SN bottles with my wing capper for some reason, but these are likely extra brittle.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:29:47 pm »
For those who bottle their beer, this is especially important. I've always had an issue with cracking the mouth of SN bottles with my wing capper for some reason, but these are likely extra brittle.
Wing cappers are made to hold onto the neck of standard longnecks and bombers. The metal plate grab the neck and hold the lower lip while the bell pushes down. The lower lip is also shorter which causes more issues.