Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Looking for help with temperature controller settings  (Read 1192 times)

Offline rgambatesa

• 1st Kit
Looking for help with temperature controller settings
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:46 am »
I have decided to add a new chest freezer and A419ABG-3C Johnson Digital Temperature controller to allow our extra frig to be used for food and other non-homebrew beverages as in the past. 

I am interested in how others might be setting their temperature controllers.  My unit came factory set with a temperature differential of '5' deg. and a temperature offset of '0' deg.

If you have a minute please post up your settings along with any thoughts on the subject.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Looking for help with temperature controller settings
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:58 pm »
Offset is to adjust for drift as the probe ages or to add a little fudge factor. You can leave that at zero unless you know there is a difference. I have mine set to about .5 when I measure temp by attaching to the side of a fermenter. This gets me a more accurate number on the controller as compared to my reliable thermometers.

If measuring the beer (either in wort or attached to the side) I set the trigger to .5°. If measuring air temp inside the box I set the trigger to 3°.

Offline rgambatesa

• 1st Kit
Re: Looking for help with temperature controller settings
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:14:09 pm »
Thanks for the replay! :)