Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Songs you never want to hear again.  (Read 16009 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Songs you never want to hear again.
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2017, 06:51:49 am »
I'm afraid metal has not withstood the test of time, I find it kind of sterile now, including stuff I loved in the late 80's.
Soundgarden et al has, however withstood the test of time for me.

I feel the same, Pete. I do love Soundgarden and a few other early 90s bands. Great music. As for the true metal stuff, I guess I'm too old now (or less pissed off).   :)
Jon, when I realized metal wasn't doing it for me anymore, I found old school punk fit the bill nicely. I think becoming a fan of punk in my late 30's to fit that theme, and it fills my need for loud and fast. It's also a great genre to vent grustrations and the anger you speak of. 2 compilations did it for me: XXX records "XXXile on Main Street" (sorry for any Stones fans) and Fat Wreckords(sp?) "Short music for short people" really got me going. I really miss the punk channel on Sirius, but not sirius

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm a big punk fan as well. I love the energy.
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:47 am »
Exactly

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2017, 09:59:04 am »
I completely agree about Maiden being the hottest of all the bands mentioned here...but that's why they got stuck touring with Ghost IMO. To me, Volbeat/A7X/Metallica is the better package, even though though none of them individually will be better than Maiden.

Hopefully Maiden will come back soon. I'm still pissed they got stuck touring with Ghost, this will be the closest they've come to me in I think about 4 years.

Their openers vary a lot. On the first leg of the tour last year, they had The Raven Age opening for them. Nepotism at its finest lol (Steve's son is in the band). But they had bands like Coheed, Megadeth, and Alice Cooper opening up for them on their Maiden England redux tour a few years back.

That being said, I'm most looking forward to the San Bernardino show with Kamelot and Exodus also on the bill.

Offline Rusty Nails

• 1st Kit
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:41 pm »
Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime. You hear it once and it's stuck in your mind for weeks.
Ow!! I'm now singing it to myself!!
Southwest Washington

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2017, 08:22:31 am »
Anything from frozen, trolls, or sing.  Kill me please, with a 2/3/8 yr olds I am ready to go deaf... anyone else with me?
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:15 am »
Anything from frozen, trolls, or sing.  Kill me please, with a 2/3/8 yr olds I am ready to go deaf... anyone else with me?

Yeah, I feel your pain. Emotional and psychological pain is real, too.  ;D.  They're a little older than yours, but not that much.
Jon H.

Offline PharmBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Homebrewing Pharmacist
    • Havencrest Home Brewery
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2017, 05:59:22 pm »
Alvin and the Chipmunks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jim
Havencrest Home Brewery - 5 Liter/BIAB
Member: Beaverton Homebrew Club, Oregon Mainbrew Guild, AHA
"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Blaise Pascal

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:32 am »

Can't relate to these but my younger brother is eight years younger than me and each summer from like 3-7 he would pick one Disney movie and watch the same one every day. Always seemingly when I was home in the hottest part of the day when you had no choice but to stay indoors.

Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2017, 08:38:21 pm »
Scorpions No One Like You!!

I had a roommate in college that played this over and over. I picked his door lock and pitched that cd. He came back the next weekend with that damn cd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff B

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2017, 12:53:10 pm »
"Old Time Rock-n-Roll" - Bob Seger

I'm sure there are those who love the song.  I'm sure it's probably not really a bad song.  I like some Bob Seger songs.  However, I earned my living playing in a cover band for a few years.  Of course, as a cover band, you have to have that one in your set.  And, back then (and probably still now), that song was on every jukebox in every club.  So, consider that you have to play the tune in at least one set five to six nights a week.  Then add on playing it a few times more for the drunk who got to the club during your last set and won't leave you alone until you play it again.  To that, add the half-dozen times it got selected on the jukebox every night.  So, most weeks, I'd play or hear that song 30+ times - not counting if it came on the radio.  Do that for 3 years with ANY song and you'll never want to hear it again.

I also get the urge to put a hot knife in my eye when I hear "Chariots of Fire" - but that's an even longer story.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!