Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Using Biofine  (Read 1930 times)

Offline coombre

• 1st Kit
Using Biofine
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:23:29 pm »
What is a good method to use when dry/keg hopping and using biofine?

Is it more beneficial to add the biofine to the primary at the end of fermentation, cold crash then siphon off and rack OR to cold crash then add biofine to primary then rack?  What are some of the results that you brewers are getting from either method?

I am planning to dry hop (6 oz in a mesh bag) the keg, which I am assuming haze/cloudiness will get introduced which is okay for the style of beer that I want but how much haze/cloudiness will the dry hop add?  Will it be negligible or extremely apparent?  I would rather have a brew that has a hoppy punch for aroma than crystal clear.

cheers!
BikingBurrowBrewing

Offline neddles

• Brewer
Re: Using Biofine
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:07:19 pm »
My process is to closed transfer cold beer at the end of crashing into a purged keg. Once done with the racking  I will unscrew the PRV with the CO2 set to 2-3psi and inject biofine through the PRV hole with a medicine syringe while the CO2 is running. Keep the beer cold for a day or two until I draw off clear beer with a picnic tap. Then bring the beer to room temp and do a keg to keg closed transfer into a purged keg that has the bagged hops in it. Leave the hops in for the duration.

Offline coombre

• 1st Kit
Re: Using Biofine
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:29:34 pm »
cheers Neddles, I appreciate the advice.
BikingBurrowBrewing