Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beersmith help with grain input  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Laminarman

• Assistant Brewer
Beersmith help with grain input
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »
I'm a newbie for sure and feeling my way.  I found a Belgian Ale recipe and it calls for some biscuit malt.  I'm using Beersmith and Bru'nWater for my guides.  In the recipe it calls for some biscuit malt, but in Bru'nWater I don't know what the heck to call biscuit.  Roast?  Base? Crystal?  It changes the pH and I am using it to help calculate water correction.  I am calling it 23L for color by the way.  Google has NOT helped me with this one. Thank you.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
Re: Beersmith help with grain input
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:13:19 pm »
If you hover your cursor on the 'Grain Type' cell on the 'Grain Bill Input' worksheet you'll see a comment that helps you place some non-obvious malts into correct categories.  In this case, Biscuit is listed in the comments as a 'crystal' malt type for the purpose of pH prediction.

Offline Laminarman

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »
If you hover your cursor on the 'Grain Type' cell on the 'Grain Bill Input' worksheet you'll see a comment that helps you place some non-obvious malts into correct categories.  In this case, Biscuit is listed in the comments as a 'crystal' malt type for the purpose of pH prediction.

Holy cow. Thank you so much.  Sorry I missed that stupid little thing : ( 

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:28:51 am »

Holy cow. Thank you so much.  Sorry I missed that stupid little thing : (

No worries.  Easy questions get easy answers :D