Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SS Brewtech Conical Opinion  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Ellismr

• Assistant Brewer
SS Brewtech Conical Opinion
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:17:11 am »
I currently use a 6 gallon PET modified to use the brewjacket for fermentation control.  I have three brewjacket (immersion pro) rigs that work very well.  But I'm considering going to the SS Bretech BME but I haven't seen anything online from users that talk about their ability to heat and cool to control the fermentation.  So I'm interested to hear from anyone that has used the the BME addition. 

Cheers

serving:  Chai infused milk stout and a Kolsch
Primary:  Belgian Pale Ale
Next Up: Session IPA
Brew what you like & brew often.

Offline Laminarman

• Assistant Brewer
Re: SS Brewtech Conical Opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:01:16 am »
I'm watching this thread.  I think I asked in a thread a while ago if the chiller coil will control ferm. temps during summer months.  I am very into this vessel and do plan to get one eventually. 

Offline nbarmbrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:19:49 am »
I have one. I've only used it once so far and it worked great.  I am going to buy the chiller they make because the cooler with ice water that I use doesn't get cold enough for lagering.  Not sure how well the water and cooler will work during the summer.  The heater worked really great.  It got pretty cold here in Colorado this winter and it kept it within 1 degree of my set temp.

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »
I just got my Chronical BME with the temperature regulation, and I love it! I'll be using it again in a few more days.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline Ellismr

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:29:16 pm »
I was only looking at this to get a better solution for lagering & something more durable than PET.  Do you use the spray ball attachment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brew what you like & brew often.