Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Automated homebrew grain to glass.  (Read 1599 times)

Offline curtdogg

• Brewer
  • Learning everyday
Automated homebrew grain to glass.
« on: January 25, 2017, 12:13:14 pm »
https://youtu.be/i1-arKnxGGc

The cicerone in this video is top notch. He gives an expert review of a doppel bock.
Sweet home of the Beer Lords.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 12:28:41 pm »
I would totally buy one if I had a spare $900. Way more flexible than the Pico. The keg seams nice with the built in cooling, and one could always jump to a standard small keg vs buying a spare from minibrew.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:42:56 pm by Stevie »

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Automated homebrew grain to glass.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:30:19 pm »
I would totally buy one if I had a spare $900. Way more flexible than the Pico. The keg seems since with the built in cooling, and one could always jump to a standard small keg vs buying a spare from minibrew.

Not even comparable to the Pico.  Did you mean Zymatic?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Stevie

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »
I mean the little guy with the prefilled packs and no method of filling with your own stock of hops and grains. That to me is the biggest issue with the Pico. Built in temp control is also way rad.

Offline curtdogg

• Brewer
  • Learning everyday
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »
I hear it makes a very nice doppelbock.
Sweet home of the Beer Lords.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 01:03:59 pm »
I mean the little guy with the prefilled packs and no method of filling with your own stock of hops and grains. That to me is the biggest issue with the Pico. Built in temp control is also way rad.

Yeah, that's the Pico.  Perfectly understandable why it wouldn't be for you, but a lot of others like it for exactly that reason.  And actually, there is no a "Freestyle" adaptor to allow you to do that as I understand.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Stevie

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:17:10 pm »

Yeah, that's the Pico.  Perfectly understandable why it wouldn't be for you, but a lot of others like it for exactly that reason.  And actually, there is no a "Freestyle" adaptor to allow you to do that as I understand.
That's cool. I've seen that they offer build your own packs, but I think that's prefilled. Again, temp control fermenter = game change for the small format brewing systems.