Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Message to the forum. from me.  (Read 10690 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Message to the forum. from me.
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2017, 10:29:24 am »

You've definitely trolled those two with snide comments and personal attacks. That is not to say their comments are always above the board but neither are yours. You've inserted personal attacks and snideness into meaningful dialogue in ways that makes it difficult to imagine your goal wasn't to derail the conversation on LODO.

Totally agree. You made it personal nore than once where it didn't need to be, and only fanned the flames. Way more than 2 guilty parties.

Jon H.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2017, 10:29:53 am »
Jeeeezuz, what'd I miss? I don't check the forum out for a couple of days and come back to meltdown. What's the matter with you guys? It's only beer, do it the way you want and move on. The low oxygen threads are information threads, not argument starters. Is it STILL June of 2016?

I think you answered your own questions. You can never leave us.  8)
NOOOOO! Please God no!!!!!!
Jesse

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2017, 10:33:10 am »
Maybe it's time for a separate area for LODO, just like there is for Wedding Brewing.  To me, it would be an "Enter at your own risk" kind of thing.

this seems like a very good idea.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2017, 10:34:56 am »
Maybe it's time for a separate area for LODO, just like there is for Wedding Brewing.  To me, it would be an "Enter at your own risk" kind of thing.
But it applies to other facets of brewing and would be brought up frequently out of that category.

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 10:34:56 am »

Please go away.
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:41 am »
it really seems that the behavioral issues revolve around 2 members, monk and beerery. Just my observation.

It really seems that quite a few people really seem to believe that there are more than 2 members with behavioral issues. Just my observation.
for sure. Different eyes different perspectives.

And that's why the moderators need to have a wider perspective.

I honestly think the conversation from Bryan's side has improved incredibly and the conversation from the other side has come down.

Bryan had a long way to come from his first posts, obviously, but I give him a lot of credit for being able to largely change his tone.

Unfortunately, all these threads seem to wind up as arguments between the same three or four people anyway.

I think it is important for many of you to realize that I am not doubting or critiquing his observations. But it certainly is the other way around.

Look, I am not for or against LODO brewing. I am for us being a constructive forum. Period.  What I disagree with is being critiqued for any post I or others make regardless of personal experience based on something someone has read out of a text book. I am sure Bryan and Derek make the best damn beer in the world and I encourage them to both continue in this endeavor.

But it is simply time for the absolutes to stop. It won't be tolerated by me any longer. It's that simple.

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2017, 10:38:14 am »

Please go away.

???

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:53 am »

Low oxygen related, I would like to thank Bryan for sharing his information.  \

Absolutely! I am not against him or anyone else sharing information. His claims have gotten me to rethink my processes. OTOH I don't want to be personally called out any time I post an opinion.

This wasnt meant as a diss to you. It is what it is. Just a thanks. I have not problem with anyone(well maybe your opinion of New Jersey). I don’t blame either side for getting defensive(mod or not). Both sides had trolling and some of the back and forth comments have crossed lines on both sides.

New jersey is the Perry County of the US. Just sayin'. lol

narvin

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 10:41:42 am »
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.... http://www.beerandloafing.org/hbd/search.php?bodytext=bamforth+oxidation

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2017, 10:42:25 am »
it really seems that the behavioral issues revolve around 2 members, monk and beerery. Just my observation.

It really seems that quite a few people really seem to believe that there are more than 2 members with behavioral issues. Just my observation.
for sure. Different eyes different perspectives.

And that's why the moderators need to have a wider perspective.

I honestly think the conversation from Bryan's side has improved incredibly and the conversation from the other side has come down.

Bryan had a long way to come from his first posts, obviously, but I give him a lot of credit for being able to largely change his tone.

Unfortunately, all these threads seem to wind up as arguments between the same three or four people anyway.

I think it is important for many of you to realize that I am not doubting or critiquing his observations. But it certainly is the other way around.

Look, I am not for or against LODO brewing. I am for us being a constructive forum. Period.  What I disagree with is being critiqued for any post I or others make regardless of personal experience based on something someone has read out of a text book. I am sure Bryan and Derek make the best damn beer in the world and I encourage them to both continue in this endeavor.

But it is simply time for the absolutes to stop. It won't be tolerated by me any longer. It's that simple.

I'm not commenting on your comments, but suggesting that you need to recognize there are other parties involved beyond Bryan and Derek.

Maybe you recognize that, but it looks like Bayareabrewer gets a pass on his comments.  Maybe he doesn't, I don't know.  But that's the perception.

And you're taking a very absolute position on banning absolutes.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2017, 10:48:25 am »
But it applies to other facets of brewing and would be brought up frequently out of that category.

Exactly. Sometimes someone may post to ingredients, then the discussion swings to yeast...or in all grain brewing, but there's talk about equipment. Some forums are sticklers about that sort of thing, I'm glad this place is not. Hard category requirements make it harder to discuss things.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:12 am »

Please go away.

A) There was really no need for that

B) To add something constructive here, I do not think that Low DO needs its own section. It's kind of ridiculous to claim that a whole series of techniques are somehow taboo and need their own section, all because we can't play nice together. That's borderline censorship, and I don't see why these techniques are any different than any other ideas that challenge popular brewing wisdom.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2017, 10:57:28 am »
Other mods may be more in tune with what is happening. I know I have seen objections to Bayareabrewer's posts, It is simply impossible for me to police every post made on this forum. If there were inappropriate posts by certain individuals it wasn't intentionally over looked. I promise that.

Again, this thread is meant as an olive branch. I do not mean to offend anyone, including Bryan and Derek. I appreciate everyone's contributions. This is a great airing of grievances. I hope we can all move along. Anything dumb I have done or said, please accept my apologies. As far as I am concerned I am starting over and I would appreciate if we all started over now.

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:09 am »

Exactly. Sometimes someone may post to ingredients, then the discussion swings to yeast...or in all grain brewing, but there's talk about equipment. Some forums are sticklers about that sort of thing, I'm glad this place is not. Hard category requirements make it harder to discuss things.
effectiveness aside, and to steal the words from the LODO guys, it is an all encompassing method of brewing that requires some fairly large modifications to your brew day in every aspect including milling, mashing, boiling, cooling, yeast pitching, fermentation management, and packaging. It is not as simple as to say ferment cooler or add more or less of this or that ingredient. It is impossible to suggest a LODO technique without drastically altering your entire methodology as it is an entire different methodology that is undone by a failure in even a single step. That's why a dedicated subforum would be helpful as it is impossible to suggest a modification of brewing involving LODO without dismantling your entire beer making methods.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:56 am »
Other mods may be more in tune with what is happening. I know I have seen objections to Bayareabrewer's posts, It is simply impossible for me to police every post made on this forum. If there were inappropriate posts by certain individuals it wasn't intentionally over looked. I promise that.

Maybe it is time for the admins to appoint another mod or two.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing