Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Poll

Would you prefer the topic of Low Oxygen Brewing to become a separate subforum, along with an update to forum filtering capability if possible, such that any selected subforums could be completely blocked or ignored on a user-specific basis?

No, I see absolutely no advantage or reason for separation or blocking anything.  Everyone should be able to see everything, even if they don't like or agree with it.
16 (61.5%)
Yes, there are topics and subforums that I have zero interest in, or that I feel negative towards, that I'd rather just never have to see, at all, ever.
8 (30.8%)
Maybe, this is an idea that deserves to be entertained and voted upon.
0 (0%)
I'm not wearing any pants; or I couldn't care less about forum structure or ability to block stuff and I wouldn't use it even if it were possible.
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: February 04, 2017, 12:34:08 pm

Author Topic: Separate Subforum for Low Oxygen Brewing?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Separate Subforum for Low Oxygen Brewing?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:55 am »
The answer to both of those is no.  If we do that, then we have to establish a forum for every method of brewing.  What needs to happen is for people to monitor their own behavior.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Big Monk

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 10:24:52 am »
I think that might be counter productive.  What about a dedicated child board under the all grain category kinda like the cask/barrel board under the bottling kegging category?  I am just spitballin' here but I feel that might allow a topic that has become quite large to have an established presence and easy access for those who are interested?

This is a dead issue. It will never happen. Nor would anyone want it. We have our own forum and a subforum here wouldn't solve anything.

Dave just loves:

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 10:31:58 am »
That kid looks just like me!!!!   ;D

The answer to both of those is no.  If we do that, then we have to establish a forum for every method of brewing.  What needs to happen is for people to monitor their own behavior.

And what happens when (NOT IF, but WHEN) people do NOT monitor their own behavior?  (And PLEASE, don't answer that with words -- it's friggin rhetorical!)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:36:04 am by dmtaylor »
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

jrdatta

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 11:08:47 am »

I partially agree, but the even from a organizational perspective as a relative new comer to the forum it would be nice to have one place to go for questions on it for knowledgeable answers for something that has become so big on the forums.  I mean the intro to lodo post is up to like 91 pages now.  That is a pretty intimidating thread to go though, where a child board could split it up a bit more and make it more digestible.  I am not in favor of separate or more involved moderation and cutting ideas and agree that everyone needs to monitor their own behavior but it is to the point it could really use its own "file" as it were.  Just coming from what would be helpful for me.  YMMV.