Author Topic: I was right!  (Read 1505 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
Re: I was right!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
Bale Breaker Top Cutter was so good when I was at hop school in Yakima.

Indeed.  Did you guys make it out to the taproom?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

No, ran out of time. After Hop School we drove down to see friends in Bend. That was fun too.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »

No, ran out of time. After Hop School we drove down to see friends in Bend. That was fun too.

I'll bet!  We headed out to the tap room last year ans it's gonna be an annual event!  Hope you can make it back.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 01:24:48 AM »

I'll bet!  We headed out to the tap room last year ans it's gonna be an annual event!  Hope you can make it back.
Those friends have moved. If we come back out, we wi head there and then loop out to see PostDoc.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National

Offline santoch

• Brewmaster
  • North Bend, WA
    • View Profile
    • WAHA
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 01:28:13 AM »

Those friends have moved. If we come back out, we wi head there and then loop out to see PostDoc.

Jeff, Let me know when you make it out here.  I'd love to have a beer with you at PostDoc.
Mt. Si Brewing Society
Washington Homebrewer's Association (WAHA)
BJCP GM2/Mead Judge

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »
Man, I've always wanted to live in the PNW. This does NOTHING to change my mind   :) .  Makes me want to track some down when I can vacation out that way.
Come to Hop School next September.  Better yet, skip Hop School and just hang out at Bale Breakers tap room.  The beer is great and the scenery is spectacular...and I wasn't looking out the windows.  8)
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline HoosierBrew

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 02:35:44 AM »
Man, I've always wanted to live in the PNW. This does NOTHING to change my mind   :) .  Makes me want to track some down when I can vacation out that way.
Come to Hop School next September.  Better yet, skip Hop School and just hang out at Bale Breakers tap room.  The beer is great and the scenery is spectacular...and I wasn't looking out the windows.  8)

Man, I'd love to do both. Someday!
Jon H.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »

Jeff, Let me know when you make it out here.  I'd love to have a beer with you at PostDoc.

I will do that. When we we be in the PNW again? Not sure, we do get around and really like WA and OR.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »

I wish I could send some to you all, but it is only sold by the keg.  I'll be at the brewery tomorrow drinking my share... and maybe a bit of yours too.

Show of hands: who here would turn down a keg of this beer?  ;D
I bet you could get a good shipping rate for a full truck load.  ;)
Crescent City, CA

I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »

I wish I could send some to you all, but it is only sold by the keg.  I'll be at the brewery tomorrow drinking my share... and maybe a bit of yours too.

Show of hands: who here would turn down a keg of this beer?  ;D
I bet you could get a good shipping rate for a full truck load.  ;)

Man they weren't even selling growlers of it!  >:(  I was hoping to get a growler for the game tomorrow.  And on top of that they had a two beer limit on it.  Oh well, at 9.2% I had a decent buzz after two...
Steve
All Hands Brewing
BJCP #D1667

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »

Just a heads up....Hop and Brew School dates this year are changing.  I think it will be later.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 10:51:35 PM »

Just a heads up....Hop and Brew School dates this year are changing.  I think it will be later.
Sometime the week of September 3-9

Hint hint

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 04:01:30 AM »
I wanted to go to Hop School last year but was recovering from hip surgery.  Hopefully this year!  I'm going to have to see if any distributors here in Spokane are carrying the Bale Breaker IPA, that is if they bottle it.  Thanks for the tip Steve!

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 06:15:44 AM »
I wanted to go to Hop School last year but was recovering from hip surgery.  Hopefully this year!  I'm going to have to see if any distributors here in Spokane are carrying the Bale Breaker IPA, that is if they bottle it.  Thanks for the tip Steve!

Bale Breaker only cans beer.  The only ones they can now are their Field 41 Pale Ale, Top Cutter IPA, and Bottom Cutter IIPA.  They will only sell Mt St. Humulus by the keg or by the glass.  You should be able to get the three in cans in Spokane for sure.
Steve
All Hands Brewing
BJCP #D1667

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »
Right-O!  I did check their website and saw that the MS Humulus is packaged only in 1/2 barrel and 1/6 barrel kegs.  I'll post on my area home brewers club FB page to see if I get any hits on any local establishments known to be serving it by the pint.  As you would imagine, their website also showed that lots of Spokane establishments serve Bale Breaker beer.