Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BeerCAD VR: Ditch the apps and the napkins and go modern  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
BeerCAD VR: Ditch the apps and the napkins and go modern
« on: April 01, 2021, 08:50:27 am »
Recipe design and brewing software is good for some people, but it can be difficult to set up properly to reflect your process. Some people think brewing software is a crutch that prevents brewers from learning the details themselves and recommend writing recipes on napkins instead. Engineers use CAD to get their designs out of their heads and into a buildable form, but it doesn’t relieve them of the need to understand how to design. Now BeerCAD VR does the same for brewers. It doesn’t force you to use anyone else’s brewing model; it captures your design and process and helps you turn it into beer.

Start with the microphone and haptic gloves and tell BeerCAD VR your recipe and process with any combination of words and simulated writing or keyboarding. BeerCAD VR captures your ideas and can generate shopping lists and brewsheets in any format you want. Like napkins? BeerCAD VR can present your brew as scribbles on virtual napkins. We even offer inkjet-compatible napkin paper. Prefer spreadsheets or pdf? Have it your way.

On brew day, don the VR headset and let BeerCAD VR guide you through the brewing process you designed. You can have a conventional brewsheet and timer or you can have a virtual brewing assistant walk you through every step. Pick from your favorite brewers with VR versions of Gordon Strong, Denny Conn, Charlie Papazian, John Palmer and more. You can even choose a younger and slimmer version of any of them!

Why wait? Get BeerCAD VR today and bring your brewing into the modern world. For more information and to see BeerCAD VR in action at the Burnt Hickory Brewery, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao5NPsMqrig
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: BeerCAD VR: Ditch the apps and the napkins and go modern
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:09:47 am »
I love April 1!
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 04:56:19 pm »
Thanks for the chuckles!  ;)
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:18:39 am »
Great stuff - I got a new name for my next pilsner - Moe's Panther Pilsner.  Haha!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 01:19:08 pm »
Just don't forget the yeast!
I'm glad someone watched the video.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline ravenwater

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 01:20:46 pm »
I enjoyed it enough I subjected my homebrew club to it at yesterday evening's meeting.
Shawn Crawford  -  Rio Rancho, NM.  
 BJCP, Worthogs Homebrew Club of New Mexico

Life is good. Beer makes it gooder.