Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: OFF LINE BREWING SOFTWARE  (Read 3844 times)

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
Re: OFF LINE BREWING SOFTWARE
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 02:50:05 pm »
BRD is new to me. Is there an english version, or just DE? There doesn't appear to be an english download page, so I'm hesitant.

You can change the language of the software from the menu: Einstellungen / Sprache / Change to English

Edit: I believe .net v4 is required for BRD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:58:12 pm by stpug »

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:19 pm »
Beersmith (lots of support; $)
BrewTarget (free)
Brew Recipe Developer (free; different take)

To name a few more

Brewers friend has a desktop β version of brewing software for windows.

This is not really in direct response to Big Monk, just one of my "Ah ha!" moments :D

I remember testing BrewMate a couple years back, and then they stopped development.  Turns out it was because Brewers Friend bought/gained rights to the software.  It doesn't look like much has changed in the years that have passed besides some name/label changes here and there.  I remember thinking it was alright and liked the portable factor, but ultimately went a different route.  Both BrewMate and Brewers Friend are viable options though. Pretty easy to use and not bloated.

Big Monk

OFF LINE BREWING SOFTWARE
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »
Beersmith (lots of support; $)
BrewTarget (free)
Brew Recipe Developer (free; different take)

To name a few more

Brewers friend has a desktop β version of brewing software for windows.

This is not really in direct response to Big Monk, just one of my "Ah ha!" moments :D

I remember testing BrewMate a couple years back, and then they stopped development.  Turns out it was because Brewers Friend bought/gained rights to the software.  It doesn't look like much has changed in the years that have passed besides some name/label changes here and there.  I remember thinking it was alright and liked the portable factor, but ultimately went a different route.  Both BrewMate and Brewers Friend are viable options though. Pretty easy to use and not bloated.

I have their team some feedback a while ago about big fixes. It's a pretty neat little program.

It's essentially an updated version of ProMash. It has all the same features and outputs in beer.xml
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:31:19 pm by Big Monk »

Offline Sam G

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:04 am »
I'm a fan of BeerTools Pro.