Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Favorite Brew Music  (Read 6665 times)

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline MagicRat

• Cellarman
Re: Favorite Brew Music
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 04:29:57 pm »
Usually Drive By Truckers for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 06:05:07 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't have time to brew at home anymore.  However while at the brewery we are all over the map with music.  From jazz, blues and indie-rock to R&B, country and punk rock...and more.  Music and brewing are like peanut-butter and jelly. The perfect pairing.  8)
Ron Price

Offline Leonard

• 1st Kit
  • Endlessly Obsessing
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 06:35:30 pm »
The Fab Lushes "Beer Beer Beer" is a winner to get pumped up for brewday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzF_LArEBUk

Offline Dberner

• 1st Kit
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
Amazon prime Halestorm station or cds Korn&Disturbed

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:52 pm »
For me it's usually my "Gloom, Doom and Stone" Pandora station that I've built over the years. A typical playlist might include Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Sleep, High On Fire, Down, The Sword, Corrosion of Conformity, Kyuss, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Pelican, etc.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline robertj235

• 1st Kit
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
Rush. Doesn't matter the year or the selection, as long as it's Rush.

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 08:11:22 pm »
I've got a vast collection copied onto iTunes that I have on an iPod that I connect to a Bluetooth speaker in my brewing room in the basement.  I just hit the random mix button and let it run, then stop it when I am done brewing.  So I am listening to a lot of different stuff, mostly old. Motown, reggae, funk, classic country, alt country, 50s/60s/70s pop, 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s rock...the alt country is about the only new stuff. No hair bands, today's hot young country, or modern pop.

Mine is similar in Google Play.  It ranges from Death Metal to Pet Shop Boys to Old School R&B to Johnny Cash to Lecrae to just about anything.  My friends just shake their head when they stop by during a brew day.  I just say, "like all the variety in different beer styles available, there's something for everything in my playlist."

Offline MountSwolympus

• 1st Kit
  • Beers & Barbells
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:09 am »
I'm a metalhead, so most of my beers are brewed to that. I'm a fan of "epic" music, so I love me some Wintersun, a blackened folk/power metal band or Amon Amarth, a Viking-themed melodic death metal band. I do love me some super cheese power metal though, likeAlestorm. I'm also a fan of Celtic folk music so the Dubliners, Pogues, Chieftans, etc., frequently make an appearance.

Offline Backyard Bruise-master

• 1st Kit
  • Delusions of grandeur? You're steeping in it!
    • Backyard Bruise
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 09:03:33 am »
I've got a vast collection copied onto iTunes that I have on an iPod that I connect to a Bluetooth speaker in my brewing room in the basement.  I just hit the random mix button and let it run, then stop it when I am done brewing.  So I am listening to a lot of different stuff, mostly old. Motown, reggae, funk, classic country, alt country, 50s/60s/70s pop, 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s rock...the alt country is about the only new stuff. No hair bands, today's hot young country, or modern pop.

Mine is similar in Google Play.  It ranges from Death Metal to Pet Shop Boys to Old School R&B to Johnny Cash to Lecrae to just about anything.  My friends just shake their head when they stop by during a brew day.  I just say, "like all the variety in different beer styles available, there's something for everything in my playlist."

I do much the same thing with Spotify; pick one of the Daily Mix playlists or my main song list and hit shuffle-play.  Relatively heavy on the Trance/Electronica, but a good mix 60s-90s rock.  Fitz & the Tantrums is the newest add.
Got a Chromecast Audio so I don't have to leave my phone out (or keep the speaker in the hoodie pocket) anymore.
.:Currently Brewing:.
Dreams of electric all-grain

.:In the Fermenter:.
H2O

.:On Tap:.
Traveling Salesman Mead (Pata Pata Dub)

.:Bottles:.
Traveling Salesman Mead
Traveling Salesman Mead (Lemon Drop Remix)
Neighborhood Bully Barleywine

Offline steppedonapoptop

• Cellarman
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 02:41:14 pm »
This past Sunday I had Pink Floyd serenade 10 gallons of Vienna Lager in the kettle; Dark Side, Animals and Wish You Were Here

I also find that my Belgians enjoy Chris Cornell Songbook

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2017, 12:06:40 pm »
I'm the odd man here - classic and cutting edge (read:not pop radio) country.  Hank Thompson to Cody Jinks....

Sometimes I'll run a rock set from the 60's  or an eclectic artist, but I seem to usual come back to old country and western.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"