Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Looking for some Russian River beers  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Ron

• 1st Kit
Looking for some Russian River beers
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:30 pm »
I am trying to find Russian River beers and have been unable to find any online. I have never been able to try any of their beers and was looking for Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, and what ever else I could get my hands on. I live in the KC area so I would be willing to trade beers with you or possible just buy them from you.
Thank you for your help.

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: Looking for some Russian River beers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:09:41 am »
Good Luck! I live less than 300 miles from them and can't find it here in Northern Nevada. Even Total Wine with their 2500+ beers doesn't carry it. They tell me Russian River has a very small distribution area.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:34:12 am »
Smal and they work hard to prevent people from reselling it.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:11:06 am »
There is undoubtedly a FB beer group local to you that focuses on trades or permits trade offers that would probably do a better job of getting you these beers. If not those then the larger beer forums could probably satisfy a trade.

Most Russian River beers are not too hard to get by trade. Pliny and Blind Pig sell out of the brewery fairly cheap and don't take too much to get in a trade. Pliny should be a little easier to get because it is more well known so people tend to buy it over Blind Pig for trades. The non-sour Belgians make it into distribution fairly regularly in the larger cities in which RRBC distributes. Some of the sour beers get out to those cities but usually sell out immediately.

KC has a pretty good range of beers in distribution that could get a trade done. Although a local trade would be with somebody with access to the same distribution. You might have to hunt down a limited release like a brewery-only release.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing