Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Ethan J

• 1st Kit
Seattle
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:15:28 pm »
Hey folks, I'll  be in Seattle for a couple days next week and was wondering what your favorite breweries are in the area. I'll be without a car and depending on public transport/cabs/Lyft, so preferably things that aren't far out of the city. Cheers, and thanks in advance!

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:21:21 pm »
Hey folks, I'll  be in Seattle for a couple days next week and was wondering what your favorite breweries are in the area. I'll be without a car and depending on public transport/cabs/Lyft, so preferably things that aren't far out of the city. Cheers, and thanks in advance!

I'll start with the assumption you are staying downtown.  My favorites downtown would be Cloudburst and Holy Mountain.  Not a brewery, but a very cool bar with lots of beers is The Pine Box.  It used to be a funeral home (Bruce Lee's funeral was held there)

In my hood of Ballard (north of downtown) there are eleven or so breweries.  My brewery (it's a co-op) is Flying Bike and that is located in Greenwood.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline troybinso

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:20 pm »
Ballard is really great. Small neighborhood where you can walk around to all these different little (and not so little now) breweries.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 05:43:00 pm »
Ballard is really great. Small neighborhood where you can walk around to all these different little (and not so little now) breweries.

This.  To it I would add that my favorite brewery is Georgetown which is just South of the Stadiums.  And to top it off they give free samples.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »
(I'm going to give you a few pointers to breweries that I frequent because I know the brewers personally and am a fan of their beers).

+1 to Holy Mountain.  Colin is brewing some phenomenal beer.  Most of what he has on tap are various Saisons with varing strains of Brett. I think Holy Mountain is probably the best brewery in the state right now.

I agree with going to Ballard.  Be sure to hit Lucky Envelope in Ballard, too. Fellow homebrewer-turned-pro Barry Chan's ENIAC IPA took Gold last year at the Washington Beer Awards.  That is no small feat, believe me.  From there, you are in walking distance to a bunch like Stoup Brewing.  Fremont is not far, either. (BTW, there's a distillery about a block from Brouwer's, which is not a brewery, but is one of the best Belgian Beer Bars in the world).

There's another Nano called Outer Planet up on Capital Hill. It's a small brewery and Jim is putting out some great beer.  He's one of the home brewers from my club that recently turned pro.

If you are on the East Side, there are a bunch of breweries founded by other members of my club that went pro.  In Redmond, you have Postdoc (Tom Schmidlin's place), and HiFi (John, Joe, & Ryan), which is a block from Black Raven (not from my club), which is another phenomenal brewery. In Factoria/Newcastle is Resonate (Mike)  Another cool thing about Resonate is that they are a pizza pub/brew pub.  They ferment the dough for 3 days before it goes into the wood fired oven.  It's simply awesome pizza, and the beer is great too.

HTH-

Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline Nwsurfkid

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:29:54 pm »
Ruebens, pike, odin, fremont, black raven, foggy noggin, GeorgeTown, smarty pants bar...plenty of options...google map "brewery" around your hotel to find closest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk