Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: WLP002 - Wyeast 1968 - Imperial A09 Pub - Fuller's Yeast Strain Speed  (Read 3150 times)

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
Ok guys, I delayed my brewday because of a cold one weekend, then a stomach flu the next weekend. Now I have this 1.043 OG English Golden Ale fermenting at ~67º F with a first-generation pitch of Imperial A09 Pub (purportedly the same as 1968). I pitched the yeast at 65º F at 2:30 pm yesterday.

I had active fermentation and a three-quarter-inch layer of krausen this morning. I know this is a fast strain, but what are the chances the beer will be ready to keg Thursday night (in order to force carbonate Friday morning before work)?

Offline Pricelessbrewing

• Assistant Brewer
  • BrewersFriend
Re: WLP002 - Wyeast 1968 - Imperial A09 Pub - Fuller's Yeast Strain Speed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »
Keep temp ramping to encourage it to ferment a bit faster.

I'd say good odds, it's a low og. As long as you used a good pitching rate, which it's likely given Imperial claims >200B cells per can.

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:01:19 pm »
Keep temp ramping to encourage it to ferment a bit faster.

My wife and my cats will be very happy with the warmer house temperature. I ferment at ambient in differently-ventilated rooms in the house during the cold months.

Offline Jkrehbielp

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
It will reach terminal gravity fast, but needs time to get rid of diacetyl in my experience.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk