Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Deep Creek, MD  (Read 3670 times)

Offline WattsOnTap

• Cellarman
  • Maryland (The People's Republic of)
Re: Deep Creek, MD
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 11:44:57 am »
Glad Deep Creek Beverage worked out for you.  I hadn't been in before, so didn't know how their selection would be.  SWMBO told me there is another bottle shop on 42 besides Deep Creek, but I couldn't recall seeing it.

I had a 64 oz fill of the blonde and a 32 oz fill of the stout from Mountain State.  I dumped the stout after a few sips - I've very glad the bartender only charged me the single pint price for that growler fill.  I was most looking forward to the blonde, and was really disappointed by it.  It was lacking in any malt body, and tasted like stale/stressed Hefe yeast had been used. 

The Maple Ridge Porter was the most satisfying find of the trip, to me.  I live not too far from Jailbreak (pass them every time I go to get my CO2 filled), so will have to investigate if it really is reserved just for Wisp or if they have it in their taproom as well.

Good call on the Midas Touch!  :)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Deep Creek, MD
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »
Yes, as I said, the wife liked the blonde. I thought it was very bland. I still don't know how they get away with selling that stout. I've brewed better beers and dumped them for what I perceived as smaller flaws. But like I said, they are in a resort town capitalizing on the whole drink local, brewery boom. And there are likely several fanboy hipsters in the area drinking that stout regularly

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)