Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low o2 bottle filler  (Read 1896 times)

The Beerery

Re: Low o2 bottle filler
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:02:48 am »
OH HELL YES!

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:32:01 am »
Current exchange rates put this at $2287.89 US

The Beerery

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 08:21:31 am »
I wish a canner could do this... I would buy it in a heartbeat. The problem with the bottle filling, I was able to get 10ppb with my triple purge/vac, this one on a singe fill is 23ppb, and he said a double purge was 10ppb.. is that you still have cap ingress, which I have tested and is very real. I noticed a flavor degradation after 1 month even with a 10ppb fill (which very few can get). Now I would sacrifice 20ppb into a can since you will not have the cap ingress issue.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:24:44 am »
Regarding cap ingress, have you thought about dipping the bottles in sealing wax like people sometimes do for wine? 
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 01:26:12 pm »
Regarding the product, its not looking like they will make their goal. Sitting at $9745 out of a $69,593 goal and campaign ends in 2 days. I don't see a start date, but questions started coming in in the middle of last month. After a couple frustrating encounters with campaign delivery estimations, I also think they are over-promising on August deliveries for all sold units. Just my thoughts
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)