Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed  (Read 8111 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 03:25:37 pm »
I looked on his Ebay store and everything listed was "fresh" 2016 and 2017 crop.  Is there a new site somewhere?  Or is that what he has?

I recently bought 2018 Magnum

That link didn't work for me.

Weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

Re: Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2019, 03:38:46 pm »
That link didn't work for me.
Me neither.  Weird.

The Ebay seller search does the trick as usual, as does Googling Hop Heaven.   But it still looks to me like a lot of old stock -- though I do see some 2018 now on closer examination.  It also says he's away until April 11.  Wonder if he ever came back.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2019, 05:37:11 pm »
I got this in an email from him from last Sept.

It is a strange hop year.  One of my farmers went nuts, that is started growing hazelnuts and pulled out all his hops.  It has been a scramble to make sure all hops are covered.  Attached you will find close out hops, 2017, 2016 and 2015 crop years.  It is in excel as a live form and pdf.  I did the same with the presale hops.

Most of you have seen these forms before, just return a form, send an email with your list, mail it via USPS, or new this year is I am also taking orders via passenger pigeon.

Bottom of each form has malt and tubing that is available.

Close out hops ship now.  Preseason start in middle of October.  Pellets middle of November.  Imports February.

Thanks for your interest!

Ted Hausotter
Hop Heaven
541-980-2487
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2019, 05:58:44 pm »
Thanks, that sheds some light on the situation.   Looks like he's getting back up to speed.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline MNWayne

• Brewer
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2019, 07:44:03 pm »
Thank you all for getting to the bottom of this. I never had fresher hops than from Ted and look forward the next harvest.
Far better to dare mighty things....

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 08:19:03 pm »
I also like Ted. Pro tip-every once in a while eBay runs a 20% off promo separate from his normal great rates. This allows you to get~$12/lb hop bundles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 08:39:35 pm »

It also says he's away until April 11.  Wonder if he ever came back.

Apparently not.  It is after April 11 if I'm not mistaken.   I just tried to place an order for kicks, and got a message "seller is away and is not currently processing orders."  Freshops  it is.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline lagerman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 11:48:11 pm »
Alive and well, just forgot  to hit the Apply button on ebay to take it off vacation mode.  A real handy option till you forget to remove it.  I guess that is why ebay sales are down this week. 

Ebay should now be up and running now.  If you are looking for hops and the vacation mode is up for more than a few days, email me at lagermanted at gmail doot com, longer than a weekend off is very rare.  The hops shop is open Monday to Friday and a few to many days on the weekend.  We are shipping hops like mad right now, on pace for a record year.  Just under 1,000 1# packs a month, thank God I sell more in bigger packs, not sure if we could keep pace with 10,000 1# packs a month.

A actual web site will be coming soon, if I get enough slowdown from the pros to be able to get the time.

On the brewing front, I am brewing like mad, if not judging beer.  Saturday I brewed my Edelweiss Pilsner, 15 gallons. Today I racked 20 gallons of beer into kegs, mostly high gravity, not quick drinkers.  I think I need to get a smaller hydrometer tube, these 10% samples are enough to create unique spelling, thanks to spell check

If you happen to come through Baker City, OR, give me a shout, I would love to sit down and enjoy a beer or 2.

Ted Hausotter
Hop Heaven

Offline millstone

• Cellarman
  • Cedar Lake IN
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2019, 05:40:48 am »
I recently bought from Ted. He has a great selection and ships fast at a reasonable rate.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Hop+Heaven+Inc/

If you remove the  " + " it works.   https://www.ebay.com/str/HopHeavenInc/

Offline Robert

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:31 am »
My order did indeed go through this morning.  Thanks, Ted.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline lagerman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 06:53:43 am »
Wow, turn off vacation mode and orders come in.  Thanks for letting me know that it was on.

For reference, I also stock 11 pound bags of all hops in pellets.  Great for club brews

Ted Hausotter
Hop Heaven

Offline BrewBama

Bulk Hops, now that NikoBrew is closed
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 07:56:58 am »
Good to see you in go-mode Ted!  Great product, service, and fast reasonable shipping!

I am brewing with your hops as I type this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:57 am »
Another choice.....Yakima Chief, which has always done only wholesale in the past, is now doing retail to homebrewers.  You can even get the new American Noble hop pellets.

https://shop.yakimachief.com
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2019, 12:17:32 pm »
Another choice.....Yakima Chief, which has always done only wholesale in the past, is now doing retail to homebrewers.  You can even get the new American Noble hop pellets.

I received a note about this in my email today (below). Unfortunately, they seem to only sell pellets in the 1 and 2 oz homebrew qty.

Yakima Chief Hops is pleased to announce the launch of our new online store and resource center. After a year of development, using feedback directly from brewers, we are thrilled to present you with a new, innovative way to connect with family hop farms.

Brewers of all shapes and sizes can now buy hops online, directly from us, in 1 oz and 2 oz pack sizes. Larger packaging is available when you create a business account. 

Additional features include:

filtering your selections specifically for homebrewers (1oz and 2oz packaging)

accessing extensive hop and brewing resources, including comprehensive data and analysis for all major hop varieties as well as hop product conversion tools for recipe formation.

shopping for HopGear, including apparel and merchandise.

submitting orders for special community blends & products.

The Yakima Chief Hops online store is completely mobile friendly, allowing you to access the store and hop resources all from your phone or tablet.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2019, 12:43:49 pm »

I received a note about this in my email today (below). Unfortunately, they seem to only sell pellets in the 1 and 2 oz homebrew qty.

Yakima Chief Hops is pleased to announce the launch of our new online store and resource center. After a year of development, using feedback directly from brewers, we are thrilled to present you with a new, innovative way to connect with family hop farms.

Brewers of all shapes and sizes can now buy hops online, directly from us, in 1 oz and 2 oz pack sizes. Larger packaging is available when you create a business account. 

Additional features include:

filtering your selections specifically for homebrewers (1oz and 2oz packaging)

accessing extensive hop and brewing resources, including comprehensive data and analysis for all major hop varieties as well as hop product conversion tools for recipe formation.

shopping for HopGear, including apparel and merchandise.

submitting orders for special community blends & products.

The Yakima Chief Hops online store is completely mobile friendly, allowing you to access the store and hop resources all from your phone or tablet.

Kind of hard to navigate the site and figure out if they sell what I want in the quantity I want. It looks nice though. I kind of wish they separated the business and pro or retailer side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk