Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vessi  (Read 20631 times)

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
Re: Vessi
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2017, 07:15:27 pm »
Question for folks who have done more than one brew so far. I just finished my first and cleaned Vessi today in preparation for my second (aiming for Friday). However, it appears there is some beer/liquid stuck in the air pocket on the backside of the inner plastic ring of the SRS. Can't seem to get the liquid out no matter what I try.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Have a picture? I'm having trouble picturing the location your talking about. I recall after disassembling and cleaning it after the first brew some staining of sort to the clear plastic of the SRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question perhaps...... you have taken the SRS apart, eh? I'm having a tough time picturing it also.

Offline hophawk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:11 pm »
Question for folks who have done more than one brew so far. I just finished my first and cleaned Vessi today in preparation for my second (aiming for Friday). However, it appears there is some beer/liquid stuck in the air pocket on the backside of the inner plastic ring of the SRS. Can't seem to get the liquid out no matter what I try.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Have a picture? I'm having trouble picturing the location your talking about. I recall after disassembling and cleaning it after the first brew some staining of sort to the clear plastic of the SRS.

Dumb question perhaps...... you have taken the SRS apart, eh? I'm having a tough time picturing it also.

Yes, have taken apart and put together SRS twice now.

Tried to add images and they show as broken. Try this: http://imgur.com/a/2BJpE
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:45:11 pm by hophawk »

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »
Yeah, that's interesting. I don't have a clue why there'd be beer in there.

Offline hophawk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2017, 08:27:45 pm »

Do you guys have the similar air pocket on the back?

(I sent a note to the vessi/whirlpool folks as well)

Offline Patrick

• Cellarman
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2017, 11:46:01 pm »

My first beer had the same thing! Did the best I could to clean it without digging into it because I'm pretty sure that would be a big no no. My current beer has turned out perfect. I don't think it's anything to worry much over.

Offline vwelter

• 1st Kit
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2017, 09:47:56 am »
Greetings all. New here and anticipating delivery of my SRS amd Vessi this week. After reading through the comments in this thread I am wondering if it might be more efficient to set up a Vessi Users Facebook page? Having to read through someone's old post as a "quote" wvery time you reply to someone can get a little tedious. I am in the process of setting up the page now. (Vessi Users Group is what I called it. Search for @VessiUsers to find it. I will go post in the Indiegogo forum as well.

Offline valestij

• 1st Kit
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2017, 10:09:36 am »
Greetings all. New here and anticipating delivery of my SRS amd Vessi this week. After reading through the comments in this thread I am wondering if it might be more efficient to set up a Vessi Users Facebook page? Having to read through someone's old post as a "quote" wvery time you reply to someone can get a little tedious. I am in the process of setting up the page now. (Vessi Users Group is what I called it. Search for @VessiUsers to find it. I will go post in the Indiegogo forum as well.

Agree, Facebook page would be better.  I've seen them used on similar projects and they work great.  It's nice keeping topics together.

Can you set it up so people can post topics on the main page?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:19:13 am by valestij »

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2017, 11:12:10 am »

Agree, Facebook page would be better.  I've seen them used on similar projects and they work great.  It's nice keeping topics together.

Can you set it up so people can post topics on the main page?
I'm good with facebook as well and once setup, will bail on this site.

Offline hophawk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2017, 12:39:49 am »

My first beer had the same thing! Did the best I could to clean it without digging into it because I'm pretty sure that would be a big no no. My current beer has turned out perfect. I don't think it's anything to worry much over.

Had a good email with the Vessi folks today and they are helping resolve the issue. They wanted me to mention on this thread that they have limited ability to interact with us on public forums. Any quality issues should be sent directly to them via email or their service department at 1-866-220-8493.

So far they have been super responsive to my inquiries.

Offline Patrick

• Cellarman
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:10 am »

Had a good email with the Vessi folks today and they are helping resolve the issue. They wanted me to mention on this thread that they have limited ability to interact with us on public forums. Any quality issues should be sent directly to them via email or their service department at 1-866-220-8493.

Are they saying what your experiencing is an issue?

Offline hophawk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2017, 09:42:03 am »

I think so. Don't think liquid is supposed to get inside. If you have same issue, I would send them a note.

Offline valestij

• 1st Kit
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2017, 03:16:36 pm »
Setup a new facebook group here were we can post different topics:

https://facebook.com/groups/1405090162897596

Offline Patrick

• Cellarman
Vessi
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:45 pm »

I think so. Don't think liquid is supposed to get inside. If you have same issue, I would send them a note.
So I went back and looked at your photos of it again and my situation is not the same as yours. I only have some beer staining the color of whatever is used to seal up that spot but nothing had actually leaked into there. Here's your image but I marked the area I'm talking about.

Offline sexyg

• 1st Kit
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »
Hey Vessi owners!

Please join our own forum where we can share and exchange ideas related to brewing with Vessi!

Most awesome.

Most awesome. Looking forward to connecting with the Vessi brewers.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2017, 01:47:57 pm »
Well, on my second batch now. Yet another ipa, lol. It's all I seem to like anymore.
Couple questions for the group:
When you transfer your chilled wort to Vessi, do you strain the trub then or just pour it all in?
Do you pitch your yeast once the wort is in Vessi, or in your brew kettle once its chilled?

I chill the wort and transfer to Vessi, and filter some of the trub as I do that with a nice stainless steel cylindrical filter, and then pitch my yeast starter. The only thing I don't like about that is how fast the strainer fills up with trub (which is mostly hops I think) and then how long it takes to drain. So I'll probably stop doing that and just purge the trub with the SRS.

When do you wait until starting your SRS purging process?

I wait at least a week just so I don't dump out the yeast but I do wonder if leaving the trub in longer is bad or good. I think the documentation says to wait until the fermentation stops, then start purging but I wonder if you wait to long if that can cause off flavors in the beer. Kinda like letting a tea bag seep to long syndrome.