Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Willing to pay for Brewing help in Ann Arbor, MI  (Read 1005 times)

Offline poharris

• 1st Kit
Willing to pay for Brewing help in Ann Arbor, MI
« on: August 02, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »
I am seeking an experienced home brewer in the Ann Arbor, MI area who would be willing and able to come to my home (at first) and mentor me, give me pointers/lessons, etc. on brewing beer. I am also looking to hire that person to make some experimental batches of beer with the goal of creating a 0.0% (preferably) or a .5%  Stout. I know there are several ways to create one, but the goal would be to create one that is as close to the taste of a typical version (with alcohol). Once this is accomplished, I have intentions to design recipe's for a Porter and IPA as well, if possible. I am of course willing to pay for these services.
I realize this is not for everyone and that many brewers will find this venture silly. I am not interested in convincing anyone of the merits of this venture, I realize N/A beer is a tiny fraction of the market.
I have loved beer and been a drinker for 4 decades but recently found that I had to lower my alcohol intake for health reasons. Then I realized there was no such "near beer" stout, my favorite. Like I said, I know this can be done, even if for only my own purposes, this is something I have decided to do. email if you are interested in helping me and making some cash as well. poharris@hotmail.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Willing to pay for Brewing help in Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 02:50:06 pm »
You have one of the great homebrew clubs there...the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild.  I recommend you contact them.  I'll bet you'll have plenty of qualified, experienced volunteers.  And for the record, there's no way to make a 0% beer.  Even to get very low requires equipment that's beyond the reach of the average homebrewer.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell