Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Recipe Design Webinar  (Read 2553 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Recipe Design Webinar
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »
I'll be doing a Zymurgy Live webinar covering recipe design and evaluation on Tues. 3/28 at 6 PM PDT.  It's available to all AHA members and if you can't make it that night there will be a recording available.  During the live webinar you'll be able to ask questions.  For more info, check out https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/zymurgy-live-sneak-peek-denny-conn/
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Rogerio

• 1st Kit
Re: Recipe Design Webinar
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:02 am »
Great webinar yesterday, for me as a beginner was very good. Congrats.
RDS

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:09 am »
Can we see it after the fact?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:57:45 am »
Great webinar yesterday, for me as a beginner was very good. Congrats.

Thank you!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:21 am »
Can we see it after the fact?

Yep, assuming you're an AHA member.  It was recorded.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 05:55:38 pm »
Hey Denny--- You mentioned last night you were planning on brewing an IPA today. Did you use any of the Mecca Grade Lamonta malt you mentioned on Facebook?

I'm thinking about a pilsner using Pelton malt or a Vienna Lager using their Vanora malt. Wondering what I could use the Opal 44 malt in. Maybe a brown ale? All their malts sound interesting and worthy of experimental brewing using them.
Ralph R.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 08:43:42 am »
Hey Denny--- You mentioned last night you were planning on brewing an IPA today. Did you use any of the Mecca Grade Lamonta malt you mentioned on Facebook?

I'm thinking about a pilsner using Pelton malt or a Vienna Lager using their Vanora malt. Wondering what I could use the Opal 44 malt in. Maybe a brown ale? All their malts sound interesting and worthy of experimental brewing using them.

Did indeed.  All Lamonta.  Amazing aroma, 96% mash efficiency, perfect runoff.  Can't wait to taste it!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 08:44:14 am »

Opal looks loke a crystal to me.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 01:32:28 pm »
I was going to tune in, as I am looking for help on formulating a recipe for an all-wheat British bitter with Fuggles.  Then I thought that this might not be the appropriate venue.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 02:16:56 pm »
I was going to tune in, as I am looking for help on formulating a recipe for an all-wheat British bitter with Fuggles.  Then I thought that this might not be the appropriate venue.

Actually I discussed that at length. ...as you might imagine :)

www.dennybrew.com