General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Tank #7

<< < (2/5) > >>

kraftwerk:

--- Quote from: gmac on December 22, 2012, 12:41:44 PM ---I tried it on tap in St Louis and really loved it.  In fact, it sort of inspired me to try using the American Farmhouse yeast blend in a few beers.  Not saying that's what they used but it seems similar.  But, I can't get it here so I can't say if I'm getting anything close to a clone. 
Very nice saison-esque beer.

--- End quote ---

Same here. I was really inspired by it as well. White Labs 670 yeast is simply amazing.

Although I celebrate the whole Boulevard collection, Tank 7 is hands down my favorite. The whole smokestack series is awesome but this one is very special. I love the American interpretation of the traditional Belgian/French farmhouse and this one is at the top of my list!

narvin:

--- Quote from: kraftwerk on December 24, 2012, 08:00:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: gmac on December 22, 2012, 12:41:44 PM ---I tried it on tap in St Louis and really loved it.  In fact, it sort of inspired me to try using the American Farmhouse yeast blend in a few beers.  Not saying that's what they used but it seems similar.  But, I can't get it here so I can't say if I'm getting anything close to a clone. 
Very nice saison-esque beer.

--- End quote ---

Same here. I was really inspired by it as well. White Labs 670 yeast is simply amazing.

Although I celebrate the whole Boulevard collection, Tank 7 is hands down my favorite. The whole smokestack series is awesome but this one is very special. I love the American interpretation of the traditional Belgian/French farmhouse and this one is at the top of my list!

--- End quote ---

Boulevard Saison Brett is their Tank 7 with dry hopping and Brett at bottling (i.e. Orval style). Try it if you like 670.

nateo:

--- Quote from: narvin on December 25, 2012, 03:47:13 AM ---Boulevard Saison Brett is their Tank 7 with dry hopping and Brett at bottling (i.e. Orval style). Try it if you like 670.

--- End quote ---

Saison Brett is really good. It's hard to find, though.

rjharper:
I'm alsso rather partial to Tank 7, even though I thought it was a bit sweet at first, it grew on me.. I like it even better as their Brett Saison which is Tank 7 with Brett in secondary. That's a beauty right there.

majorvices:
I like it well enough. It's in bottles all over the place down here, not hard to find. We were in helen, GA over the summer and one pub had it on draft by the Liter (which I thought was a little over the top.)

Nice beer overall, but nothing I pick up regularly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version