Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Stone Ruination 2.0 Double IPA clone  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Rogerio

• 1st Kit
Stone Ruination 2.0 Double IPA clone
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:34 am »
HI Everyone
Do someone here have a good recipe for the Stone Ruination 2.0 Double IPA? I really love this beer and would like to brew one for my next batch. Thanks a lot
RDS

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Stone Ruination 2.0 Double IPA clone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:50 am »
Email Stone

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 06:17:34 pm »
Have not looked for that one, but they do have a lot of recipes available if you bounce around their site enough

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:03:17 pm »
This is the 1.0 recipe but it should give you a starting point.

Stone Ruination IPA
94.2% 2-row pale malt
5.8% C-15 crystal malt
Magnum and Centennial hops
Finishing ABV=7.7%; IBU’s=105

emailing them is the best option, they're usually really open about giving out recipe info except for AB.

from stone site:
ALC/VOL 8.5%
Magnum Nugget Centennial Simcoe Citra & Azacca
we employ dry hopping and hop bursting to squeeze every last drop of piney, citrusy, tropical essence from the hops that give this beer its incredible character.

Our revamped recipe brings in a different hop bill combining classic varietals—Centennial and Magnum—with newer cultivars that weren’t even a glimmer in their growers’ eyes 12 years ago. Those newbies are some of the hottest hops on the market: Citra, Simcoe and Azacca. We spent the better part of a year running multiple prototypes of this beer through the brewhouse and bar at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, tweaking quantities, addition times and more in an effort to make the best update to this storied beer as possible. And that’s just what we ended up with—a double IPA that bursts forth with hop aroma akin to melon and a variety of citrus and tropical fruits, and flavors that fall right in line with those tantalizing scents.

A lighter malt character allows that fruitiness to shine, but it’s more than a reduction in grain and proper attenuation that’s responsible for Stone Ruination Double IPA 2.0’s brilliant taste profile. We employed a modified take on the hop-bursting method that brings so much hop flavor to our sessionable Stone Go To IPA. It’s another one of those technical revelations we made in the more recent future, which we were excited to use when taking on the task of improving on Stone Ruination IPA. There are a number of other tricks of the trade we applied to this beer, but we have to keep some of those under our hats.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:10:36 pm by EHall »
Phoenix, AZ

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:36 am »
I tried one recently.  It has a lot of dank.  Therefore, I would go heavy on the Simcoe.