Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Designated Driver Ticket  (Read 1513 times)

Offline sienabrewer

• Cellarman
GABF Designated Driver Ticket
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:58 am »
I'm not sure where else to post this and thought the anwer to my question may be beneficial to others.  I am going to the GABF this year for my bachelor party.  My pops is coming along too, but he is not a beer drinker (or any sort of drinker for that matter) at all.  Thus, I bought him a deisgnated driver ticket.  After reading again on the website it says there is a special designated driver lounge.  Does anyone know if that means he is restricted to just that lounge, or is he also able to be out on the floor as well?  I'd hate to have to buy him an $83 ticket that would essentially go to waste.

Offline Me

• Cellarman
Re: GABF Designated Driver Ticket
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:18:07 am »
My sources at the AHA tell me that he is not restricted to the lounge only and he will be able to walk around the GABF

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-
BF

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:05:06 pm »
Na, he can go where ever he wants. He'll just have a different colored wristband so they won't serve beer to him. He'll get some really nice stuff at the DD Lounge. Last year TommyKnocker Brewery had some of their sodas on tap for the DD's. The GABF does a very nice job of accommodating the DD's IMO!!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 03:54:46 pm »
My wife is My DD and they get a small gift bag. Usually a GABF hat and a plastic GABF soda cup.
She is free to roam but chooses to sit and read a book while I get silly.
Ruben * Colorado :)