Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Thank God for Epcot!  (Read 4084 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Thank God for Epcot!
« on: March 31, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »

So after 12 hours at Magic Kingdom with no beer to be found, Epcot was such a nice relief! Innis and Gunn, Bass, Unibroue, sake, sake cocktails, etc. Maybe I do like Disney after all. And we just got to America, couple more samples to partake in

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Thank God for Epcot!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:51:49 pm »
Yeah, that's my saving grace @ Disney, Frank!  I remember one year when the kids were small finally getting to Epcot and feeling like there was hope after all. Beer went down easily that day.   ;D
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
     Yeah, we were able to find beer at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on Monday and Tuesday. We took Wednesday off and did Magic Kingdom on Thursday: 10am til 10pm with no beer and tons of screaming kids. Damn those teenagers, they were worse than the infants of which there were a royal ton, I guess fitting for a "Kingdom" this size.
     In the end, a good time, but I won't be back anytime soon. We will be back at some point for Star Wars and Avatar Lands(?) But not likely after that.

Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline WattsOnTap

• Cellarman
  • Maryland (The People's Republic of)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 08:24:35 pm »
Get one of the Epcot passports and get it stamped after you've had a beer in each country. 

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:59:38 pm »
Thanks, had no idea, and done for the day. Is that just for fun?

Frank L.

Offline WattsOnTap

• Cellarman
  • Maryland (The People's Republic of)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 10:52:52 am »
Yep, just for fun.

Was a one-day challenge in my younger years.  Now, more of a casual effort.  Somewhere on the 'net I found a blog about where to find some of the more rare beers in the park(s).

I think Epcot has a wine/beer festival (they call it food & wine) in late August - November.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 09:27:49 pm »
Nice, maybe next time. That's if there's a next time. All 5 of us are pretty happy to have gone but also happy to be out if the parks today, and the kids are getting older

Frank L.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 07:13:19 am »
We went to the Food and Wine Festival this last year. It rained like nobody's business so we camped out in the English Tavern. Not a bad call as far as I can remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 07:48:17 am »
They are still holding out, but I feel like eventually they will offer alcohol at Magic Kingdom.  The new Beasts Castle restaurant serves beer and wine, they even have their own wine label.  So there's a small kink in the armor, it's just hard to get in there (but easier than Club 33 at Disneyland).

EPCOT does have quite a selection.  There's several websites dedicated to drinking your way around Disney.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline 69franx

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 09:09:30 pm »
We sampled in Canada, UK, Italy, wine in France, sake in Japan, Norway, Germany, Mexico, USA, and 1 or 2 others. We started with samples, but those just weren't enough, so we did not complete the world showcase, but had plenty of beer, wine, sake, and margaritas to finish off our Disney trip. Thanks for all the tips, I'll try to remember if there is a next time

Frank L.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 07:34:10 am »
The last time I was there, it was extremely hot and I got a beer at the Trinken Cart in Germany, after waiting in a line about 10 deep.  It was an Oktoberfest and my interaction with the employee was very minimal in regards to time spent (although very friendly).  I wandered off, drinking my beer and came back about 30 minutes later and when I was about to order, he said, "Another Oktoberfest?"  I was totally blown away that he could remember my order with the number of people flowing through there.

Had a few Bass in England and found the stage around back where they were playing classic British rock tunes.  Wife and son had to come find me before I did too much damage to my liver.

And of course at our favorite restaurant, Le Cellier, I had the Unibroue sampler.

Yes...Thank God for Epcot!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline 69franx

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:56 pm »
The wife and I loved the Unibroue sampler at Le Cellier's little kiosk out front, then got a full glass of La FinDu Monde at the next cart. really enjoyed the French Canadian section. Had to pass on the Moosehead as it was too early in the day for multiple glasses at any stand. Might have been just as well, I have fond memories of Moosehead, but its been a long time, like maybe 25 years ago or more. Probably not as enjoyable now as it was when I was getting it at the end of High school ( I mean college  ::))
Frank L.