Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Membership Levels?  (Read 6626 times)

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
Re: Membership Levels?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 02:45:06 pm »
it makes sense on forums open to anyone, but I don't see the point on a forum where everyone is an AHA member

the membership requirement keeps out the trolls
I don't think you have to be an AHA Member to use this web-site......I am, but I don't think you have to be one.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 02:48:09 pm »
I don't think you have to be an AHA Member to use this web-site......I am, but I don't think you have to be one.

You don't. The forum is open to everyone. But it serves to bring together the community and the AHA membership as well and that's a good thing.

-- Drew
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 06:23:19 pm »

You don't. The forum is open to everyone. But it serves to bring together the community and the AHA membership as well and that's a good thing.

-- Drew

Open is a good thing in general (source, data, beer recipes...). It might incentivize the AHA membership process if we could have a little badge or something identifying us as AHA members. Or not....whatever, the forum is a good thing.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 09:35:41 am »
It might incentivize the AHA membership process if we could have a little badge or something identifying us as AHA members.

That's something that's been discussed.  There's a software upgrade due soon and we may be able to implement your idea at that time.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell