Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Homebrew Legalization  (Read 12344 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Homebrew Legalization
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 11:42:06 am »
One more step!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 05:29:32 pm »
Louisiana homebrew bill HB1484, to allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, passed a Senate Judiciary B Committee hearing yesterday. It now moves on to the full Senate for a vote.  We encourage Louisiana residents to contact the state Senator for their district and ask them to support this bill. See the AHA Action Alert at http://bit.ly/b9WTXv for details.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline hambone

• 1st Kit
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:35 am »
That is such great news! I have been calling and writing representitives and senators all along the way. I have already written and called Senator Donahue today and can only hope and pray that this bill gets passed. I already have two establishments waiting on these results, ready to celebrate by having local homebrew tastings! Thank you Gary for keeping us updated.

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 08:12:27 am »
Louisiana homebrew bill HB1484, to allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, passed the Senate yesterday by unanimous vote. The bill was slightly amended in Senate committee and so needs to go back to the House for a vote on the amended version.  Once the House re-passes the bill, it will move on to the Governor's office.

Cheers from the National Homebrewers Conference!
Gary Glass
AHA Director
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 09:25:17 am »
Louisiana House unanimously passed the Senate-amended version of homebrew bill HB1484 this morning.  It now moves on to the Governor to sign or veto.  If it becomes law, it will allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events to be served at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, passed the Senate yesterday by unanimous vote.

Hope you are reading this from the totally awesome National Homebrewers Conference in Minneapolis.

Cheers!
Gary Glass
AHA Director
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 09:49:57 am »
Louisiana House unanimously passed the Senate-amended version of homebrew bill HB1484 this morning.  It now moves on to the Governor to sign or veto.  If it becomes law, it will allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events to be served at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, passed the Senate yesterday by unanimous vote.

Hope you are reading this from the totally awesome National Homebrewers Conference in Minneapolis.

Cheers!
Gary Glass
AHA Director

Why, yes, I am reading this from the totally awesome conference!  Way to go AHA and Louisiana homebrewers!  Now we just need to get something similar for Oregon.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 05:33:08 pm »
Louisiana homebrew bill HB1484, to allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, was signed by Governor Jindal July 6.  Congrats to all of the Louisiana homebrewers and everyone else who contributed to make that happen this year. 
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »
Well Done
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »
Indeed . . well done!

Lord knows Louisiana could use some/ any good news these days.
Just brew it...

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 07:07:52 pm »
Excellent news!
Ron Price

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »
Congratulations
Joe

boulderbrewer

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 09:01:00 pm »
I see the NHC in N' Orleans in 2012 or 2013! Sounds like great fun! Congrats to all that busted thier butt for this.

Cheers to y'all!

Offline bayoubrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 04:57:36 am »
Louisiana homebrew bill HB1484, to allow homebrew for club meetings, competitions, and events at pubs, breweries, and other licensed facilities, was signed by Governor Jindal July 6.  Congrats to all of the Louisiana homebrewers and everyone else who contributed to make that happen this year. 

Yep, a big thank you to all of the La. homebrewers who were involved, the bill sponsors, the ATC and wholesalers for their input, and to Gary for all of his help.  It was a lot of work, but the pay-off is worth it.

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »
nhc in nola would rock.  would be there for sure!
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 02:31:30 pm »
nhc in nola would rock.  would be there for sure!

+a million on that. I love Nawlins!
Ron Price