Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: German Brewing subforum  (Read 3855 times)

The Beerery

German Brewing subforum
« on: October 27, 2016, 07:08:37 am »
Can I get a sub category off of All Grain, that is called German Brewing, where we can talk about all things german... Methods, proccess, literature, recipes, etc?

Thanks

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
Re: German Brewing subforum
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:32 am »
Or perhaps a subforum for trying to replicate commercial processes, if German brewing is seen as being too specific? I don't know what we'd call it.

You GBF guys have done a lot to try and recreate the conditions of a modern German brewery, but I think there's more that can be done in this vein. I'm trying to recreate a Yorkshire-type brewery, others may be working on recreating a particular Belgian setup. I've always liked the idea of trying to replicate Saison Dupont, trying to match the brewery's techniques as closely as possible.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

The Beerery

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:23:15 am »
Well.. there really isn't a GBF anymore.. but thats a story for another day!
I am just looking for a place that I can sticky some posts and concentrate on getting all these cool ideas out. For instance a suergut process, or mash process, posting more about Kunze, etc.

Thanks

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:28:51 am »
My guess is that any Subforum should be kept more generic in nature, like "Process" or something like that, where any kind of special processes could be discussed, not limited to German ones.  Otherwise it smells like the AHA is endorsing a specific process, and I doubt they want to do that.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

The Beerery

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:34 am »
My guess is that any Subforum should be kept more generic in nature, like "Process" or something like that, where any kind of special processes could be discussed, not limited to German ones.  Otherwise it smells like the AHA is endorsing a specific process, and I doubt they want to do that.

I suppose, I was just looking for a place to keep nice and tidy chalked full of cool german brewing facts.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:07:16 am »

Right, I don't see any reason to split apart the forums to give one specific group or process its own little colony here. This forum does not move rapidly like some of the larger forums. Most of the conversation surrounding these processes can easily be kept in a thread or two and remain divided from other content.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

The Beerery

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 09:48:16 am »

Right, I don't see any reason to split apart the forums to give one specific group or process its own little colony here. This forum does not move rapidly like some of the larger forums. Most of the conversation surrounding these processes can easily be kept in a thread or two and remain divided from other content.

No worries, we went another direction!

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:48:26 pm »
Most of the conversation surrounding these processes can easily be kept in a thread or two and remain divided from other content.

Can it?!
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 12:52:37 pm »
Most of the conversation surrounding these processes can easily be kept in a thread or two and remain divided from other content.

Can it?!

yes
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Ruvort

• 1st Kit
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:01:06 pm »
I'd say this is a scenario where proper tags can help consolidate the info you are looking for instead of splitting into sub forums.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Offline neddles

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 11:01:20 pm »

Interested. In what direction did you go?

The Beerery

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 11:04:27 pm »

Interested. In what direction did you go?
http://www.lowoxygenbrewing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk