Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Santiago Chile  (Read 2298 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Santiago Chile
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:46 am »
I realize this is a long shot, but has anyone been to Santiago and have tips for me?  I've been invited to go in July.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
Re: Santiago Chile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
Went to Santiago in 2010. It was not a beer vacation per se, but I found lots of good beer there. You can find all styles of beer there, but you'll notice a definite German influence.

We did find time to do a brewery tour to Kross brewery just outside of Santiago. It was excellent, though they didn't really understand why we would want to look at their facility. The head brewer looked at us kind of sideways, but after the tour he started pouring for us and then didn't want us to leave. I would recommend their beer highly, and who knows, maybe the brewery tour thing has caught on by now.

They love their beer there and have plenty of it, so I'm sure you'll  have a good time. Let me know how it goes.
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
Thanks for the info!  I'm going for the Second Annual South American Homebrew Conference, so there should be beer!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:19:25 pm »
Thanks for the info!  I'm going for the Second Annual South American Homebrew Conference, so there should be beer!

Sounds like a blast !
Jon H.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:54:21 am »

Sounds like a blast !

Hope so....it'll be the dead of winter down there.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:15:37 am »
Yeah, I went in February, the dog days of summer.
Frank C.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »

Sounds like a blast !

Hope so....it'll be the dead of winter down there.

Yeah, didn't think about that.
Jon H.

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 06:01:00 am »
Not to be monomaniacal but there are some beautiful vineyards there, though they won't be as impressive in the winter.
Frank C.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 09:49:42 am »
Not to be monomaniacal but there are some beautiful vineyards there, though they won't be as impressive in the winter.

I'm well aware of the reputation of Chilean wine!  I'll keep that in mind.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 09:56:57 am »
Pichilemu is only 3 hours away and has some of the best left breaking surf in the world. Grab a board and hang ten Denny!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 10:35:52 am »
Pichilemu is only 3 hours away and has some of the best left breaking surf in the world. Grab a board and hang ten Denny!

Uh yeah...when it's 40F and raining?

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 11:52:25 am »

Uh yeah...when it's 40F and raining?

keeps the crowds thin :)