Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mash tun and brew kettle reviews?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline turfgrass

• Cellarman
Mash tun and brew kettle reviews?
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:35:36 pm »
Hi all,

I was wondering if there any good links for kettle reviews or ratings?  My plans it to pick up a 10 or 15 gal mash tun and boil kettle in the next month or two.   Thanks in advance.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Mash tun and brew kettle reviews?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:20:30 pm »
It all depends on what you want. I went with Spike because welded fittings are important to me. Their welds very high quality. They will also custom weld to your specs.

Offline turfgrass

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 06:56:12 pm »
Welded fittings are important to me as well.   Some have welded fittings for whirlpooling...think it's between Sb and Ss for kettles.   

Offline natebrews

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:16:16 pm »
I don't know about review sites, but I have the cheapo kettle from AIH with 1 welded fitting on it and a boil coil installed.  200 or so batches on it and it has basically been fine.  The metal is a bit thin, but the welds look fine.  At the time I didn't have the cash to pony up for something nicer, and for 65 bucks (at the time, I think they are 80 now) it has been hard to complain about. 
Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »
 Ss Brewtech kettles are not welded. If you opt for the BME versions, they come with welded tri-clamps.
Brewbuilt kettles are welded. They also have the cool notched lid with silicone flap.