Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wyeast  (Read 6062 times)

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
Wyeast
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »
Why doesn't Wyeast offer any contact information?  It is odd to me they now want you to ask your local distributor. The local would know zero about getting this yeast or when it's available. I thought 3864 was available every year. I wish I had known that, I would have kept that yeast around. I would love to have some of that strain. I've tried to culture from Uni bottles and it doesn't act/taste the same. Maybe they use a different bottle yeast, which I doubt. I can't believe I didn't harvest some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:16:26 pm by denny »
Jeff B

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Queasy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:27 pm »
Excuse me, but it's hard to figure out what you're talking about.  I might be able to get you in contact of I understood what you wanted to contact them about.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:43 pm »
Sorry for the title, couldn't edit it to Wyeast.

Jeff B

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »
Sorry for the title, couldn't edit it to Wyeast.

OK, that makes more sense...changed it for ya.  Now, what is it you want to know from them?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
Re: Wyeast
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »
Excuse me, but it's hard to figure out what you're talking about.  I might be able to get you in contact of I understood what you wanted to contact them about.
That was fast didn't think of going to you. I was wondering if it will be released again in 2017, or how to obtain some of this yeast.

Jeff B

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:17:39 pm »
Thanks Denny

Jeff B

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:03:19 pm »
That was fast didn't think of going to you. I was wondering if it will be released again in 2017, or how to obtain some of this yeast.

As far as I can tell, it's a year round strain now...http://wyeastlab.com/yeast-strain/canadianbelgian-ale

www.dennybrew.com

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's a year round strain now...http://wyeastlab.com/yeast-strain/canadianbelgian-ale

But it's got the "-PC" (Private Collection) tag in it's name.  On the flip side, 3726 has lost it's '-PC' so hopefully that means it's a year round :D

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 02:11:34 pm »

But it's got the "-PC" (Private Collection) tag in it's name.  On the flip side, 3726 has lost it's '-PC' so hopefully that means it's a year round :D

Damn, missed that.  Looked at the list of what Drew and I selected for PC this year and 3864 isn't on the list.  But 3726 is now year round.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 02:19:56 pm »
When did that change? (3726 year round).  I emailed last year and they told me they weren't gonna run it anymore at all.  I understood it to be some sort of agreement with the Imperial start up?
Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »
When did that change? (3726 year round).  I emailed last year and they told me they weren't gonna run it anymore at all.  I understood it to be some sort of agreement with the Imperial start up?

It didn't change to my knowledge - I emailed them about the same thing a while back. As far as I knew, the only year round source (maybe only source period) for 3726 is what's reported to be Imperial Rustic. Awfully close to 3726 to me.  :)

Edit - I take it back. Wyeast's site does show 3726 now as a year round. Ok, another source then. Things must've changed since I emailed them (Drew and Denny's input?). Cool!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:13:42 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 03:11:57 pm »
I have 3726 in my cart at nb and showing in stock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 03:14:44 pm »
I have 3726 in my cart at nb and showing in stock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sweet! It's been a few months since I got the email from Wyeast. Good to know!
Jon H.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 03:19:38 pm »
MoreBeer still doesn't have 3726. If they don't soon I'll have to order from NB...
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 03:27:05 pm »
So I take it, 3864 will not be released this year.

Jeff B