Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pizza Time  (Read 5958 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Pizza Time
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:15 am »
For those with an HOA, just get an Akorn Kamado (on sale at Lowe's until 4/26) and raise a large thick pizza stone into the dome with some fire bricks.

As an added bonus you can grill and smoke with it. ;)

It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:10:33 am »
I really want to build one.  I just need to move out of this awful HOA.  Neighborhoods are so over rated... my experience/opinion anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Is it that your HOA prohibits outdoor cooking structures? In my HOA I don't know if we've approved pizza ovens but we've definitely approved several built-in grills and smokers.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 11:12:55 am »
I really want to build one.  I just need to move out of this awful HOA.  Neighborhoods are so over rated... my experience/opinion anyway.

Is it that your HOA prohibits outdoor cooking structures? In my HOA I don't know if we've approved pizza ovens but we've definitely approved several built-in grills and smokers.
Because my lot is so close to "common area" there is a bi-law banning any permanent outdoor structures producing noxious amounts of smoke.  Given examples are fireplaces, firepits, and smokers within 65Ft of the said common area.  Because I live on one of the ponds that leaves me to 4ftx6ft area to work with off the sun room.  I don't want an outdoor fireplace or pizza oven that close to my house or that close to my kids swing set.  If it was on wheels it would be fine according to the HOA.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 01:57:23 pm »
Akorn is 100lb and has wheels. ;)
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!