Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegs for wedding  (Read 1306 times)

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster
Kegs for wedding
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:45:39 am »
I need to make 3 Cornelius kegs of beer for a wedding in July. I haven't used kegs before so need to buy all equipment. I don't have a brew fridge so will need to carbonate the beer at room temp, transport at room temp and then hopefully chill in a fridge one day before serving.

Would appreciate any tips on what best approach would be, eg perhaps natural conditioning and then serving with simple co2 cartridges might involve the least expense and new gear? Interested to hear how other brewers would organise is.

Online pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Kegs for wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:32 am »
Do you know anyone who kegs? Help would be good. I personally would not recommend what you are doing as kegging has its own learning curve. At the very least get the stuff right away so you can practice. I wouldn't want to be kegging the first time for a hundred friends and strangers.
If I were doing it I would make sure the beer was kegged well ahead of time and kept for a couple weeks at serving pressure. I would then make sure it was in place to serve at least a day ahead of time and I would want lots of time to play with it to make sure it was pouring well.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:26:47 pm »
+1 to what pete said;  How about, do bottles and get a pro to do a really good label.  The bottles then serves as a wedding momento (chicks dig that stuff  ;D)  I did this for my cousin as a surprise and she broke down. 
Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:04:51 pm »
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of info i needed. I know I can deliver good beer in bottles, so i think kegs not worth the risk for a wedding. Better start collecting bottles...