Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Spray ball for easy cleaning question  (Read 1253 times)

Offline nbarmbrewer

• Cellarman
Spray ball for easy cleaning question
« on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:50 pm »
Has anybody ever added a spray ball to the lid of their kettle or mash tun for easy cleaning?  I was thinking about doing this but wasn't sure how well it would work or if it would just spray out between the lid and kettle.  I have Blichmann G1 (10 gallon and 15 gallon) kettles and mash tun.

Offline leejoreilly

• Assistant Brewer
  • Washington, MI
Re: Spray ball for easy cleaning question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:54:32 am »
My mash tun is a cooler, so it only takes a quick rinse and a swipe or two with a sponge to clean it. My kettles (I use two on a stove top) only need a rinse (though a more vigorous one than for my cooler) and a few wipes with a green scrubby. So I haven't seen the need for a more elegant solution. But then again, I brew in my kitchen, so the sink is conveniently nearby; brewing outside could call for a more inventive cleaning process.

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 07:51:14 am »
Homebrew cip? That would be neat...

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:18:17 am »
There's CIP spray balls 1/2" should be easy enough to put into a kettle lid that should at least sit over a MLT for the same function. With a little weight on the lid there shouldn't be much spraying out of the kettle.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)