Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: It Continues...  (Read 1144 times)

Offline WattsOnTap

• Cellarman
  • Maryland (The People's Republic of)
It Continues...
« on: May 04, 2017, 07:08:08 am »
On the same day AB-InBev buys out Wicked Weed, I get an email from Northern Brewer announcing their next branded homebrew kit.  This time, it's Elysian's The Wise ESB.  Looks like NB/AB-InBev might have learned a little something after their Goose Island offering - this time the instructions include the full grain bill.  Did they "wise"n up?    :D

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: It Continues...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:23:37 am »
Seems odd to me as well. Just took a look and at Elysian website to piece it together in Beersmith for future consideration. I am sure this is exactly why they did not want to give out the recipe in the GI recipe.
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
This will certainly happen for all the ABI acquisitions. Look forward to Golden Road, Karbach, Wicked Weed, etc. kits coming your way.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:52:47 am »
Hopefully that's the beneficial effect of the conglomeration on the Homebrew side and no negative effects occur.  I can live with that, since I typically don't stick with specific recipes from others any more for styles - just tweak from what I've done in the past and try to "taste it through in my head" before brewing.  Just don't mess with my supply chain!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"