Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Condensation  (Read 1798 times)

Offline mbstookal

• 1st Kit
Condensation
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:50:33 am »
If I want to swap my 3/16" gas line for a 1/4" gas line from C02 cylinder into kegerator, I will have to make a larger entry hole into the kegerator. Will I need to silicone seal the new larger hole to prevent outside air from getting into kegerator? Will duct taping the new larger hole be sufficient? I don't want a condensation issue in the kegerator.

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
Re: Condensation
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 08:11:55 am »
I would use a touch of silicone to seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff B

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:02:21 pm »
If I want to swap my 3/16" gas line for a 1/4" gas line from C02 cylinder into kegerator, I will have to make a larger entry hole into the kegerator. Will I need to silicone seal the new larger hole to prevent outside air from getting into kegerator? Will duct taping the new larger hole be sufficient? I don't want a condensation issue in the kegerator.

Are you moving the tap further away so you need a longer run?  Be careful or you will get lots of foam.
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:52 pm »

Are you moving the tap further away so you need a longer run?  Be careful or you will get lots of foam.
Gas line, not liquid.

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:11:17 pm »
DOH!  I should have looked closer. 
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge