Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Playoffs again  (Read 4605 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Playoffs again
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 11:23:27 pm »
My head is held high for  the Pens, but dragging for the Cavs. So, I guess that means I'm looking straight ahead.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 05:52:30 am »
My head is held high for  the Pens, but dragging for the Cavs. So, I guess that means I'm looking straight ahead.

Not happy with the results, but man what a game.  Both goalies using Jedi Mind Tricks.  I knew Nashville was in trouble when they couldn't cash in on several clean breakaways and 2 on 1s.  You gotta score on those. Funky bounce off three people and the back of Rinne... game over.

A lot of people are complaining about this years playoffs, and yes the officiating was horrific. But the on ice product was incredible! Exciting from round 1 on.

Count down to next year starts now.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 09:48:10 pm »
People complain about the goal that was not, but I complain about the goal that got scored in Toronto when nobody on ice saw it. As I said earlier, the SCF is the wrong time to put that crap into play. Toronto reviews every goal in playoffs is one thing, but calling goals when not seen or review asked for is too Big Brother for my tastes

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)