Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brew Files Podcast Ep. 11 - In the bag with Chip Walton  (Read 1521 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Brew Files Podcast Ep. 11 - In the bag with Chip Walton
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:58 am »
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/brew-files-episode-11-bag-chip-walton

The Brew Is Out There!

TECHNIQUE SHOW

On this week's episode of the Brew Files, we're hanging with the homebrew video master - Chip Walton and we talk about how he came to brew, create BrewingTV and finally become an All-Grain brewer with the help of a bag.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Brew Files Podcast Ep. 11 - In the bag with Chip Walton
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »
There has already been so many misleading comments about BIAB it has my head in a tizzy

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 03:06:33 pm »
There has already been so many misleading comments about BIAB it has my head in a tizzy

Please point them out so we can help correct them.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 03:11:10 pm »
The gravity ranges.  Weather or not you can make lagers.  It's just my experience that the gravity and efficiency and decoctions are just as doable in BIAB vs traditional all grain 3V setups.

The qt/lbs ratios and advise given is not exactly my straight nerd experience either.  Direct fired mash stepping in BIAB is very doable.

My most recent BIAB was 17.8# in 14 gallons of water with 80.8%BH efficiency.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:18:59 pm by JJeffers09 »
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:17:56 am »
The gravity ranges.  Weather or not you can make lagers.  It's just my experience that the gravity and efficiency and decoctions are just as doable in BIAB vs traditional all grain 3V setups.

The qt/lbs ratios and advise given is not exactly my straight nerd experience either.  Direct fired mash stepping in BIAB is very doable.

My most recent BIAB was 17.8# in 14 gallons of water with 80.8%BH efficiency.

If you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could shoot an email to podcast@experimentalbrew.com talking about your concerns and corrections.  That way we can disseminate the info on the podcast.

www.dennybrew.com