Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Neato Labels Question  (Read 2285 times)

Offline MrDonde

• Cellarman
  • Aspiring Brewmaster
    • Snow Lion Brewing
Neato Labels Question
« on: May 11, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »
Evening,

I recently got the Neato beer bottle labels and I have been having trouble getting them to print correctly. Currently when I print the labels the paper and images don't align. I have tried to use the offset settings on the webpage but it seems like the stickers are not evenly placed.

Has anyone worked with these labels before and know any tricks to get the image and paper to line up?

Here is the labels I have: https://www.amazon.com/Neato-Blank-Beer-Bottle-Labels/dp/B00YB1HA6Q/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1494549791&sr=8-13&keywords=neato+labels

Thanks.
-Donde

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Neato Labels Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:54:51 pm »
Haven't used them, but I might have some thoughts.

Does it output pdfs that you print from acrobat? If so, are you printing fit to page?

Are you loading these in a bypass or manual feed, or are you using the main tray? I recommend using a bypass or manual feed if available and load a minimal number of sheets.

Are you rollers clean? Dusty rollers can cause slippage.

Sorry you are having trouble. Labels are expensive and it sucks to lose them due to printing errors.

Online labels has a similar layout for less BTW. They will send you free samples too.

Offline MrDonde

• Cellarman
  • Aspiring Brewmaster
    • Snow Lion Brewing
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 07:06:21 pm »
Haven't used them, but I might have some thoughts.

Does it output pdfs that you print from acrobat? If so, are you printing fit to page?

Are you loading these in a bypass or manual feed, or are you using the main tray? I recommend using a bypass or manual feed if available and load a minimal number of sheets.

Are you rollers clean? Dusty rollers can cause slippage.

Sorry you are having trouble. Labels are expensive and it sucks to lose them due to printing errors.

Online labels has a similar layout for less BTW. They will send you free samples too.

1. It does output to PDF and I have been using print to fit but I toggled it on and off and didn't seem to change much. Great suggestions

2. I am using a normal inkjet and it is a manual feel. I am making sure to do one sheet at a time.

3. Not sure if the rollers are clean....no idea how to clean them. I also don't think it is slippage since I have printed multiple times and is off by the same amount each time in the same location.

Thanks for the tips about Online Labels, I will probably check them out. I got these as a gift so I am trying to get them to work. If these would line up these would be amazing labels.
-Donde

Offline GS

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 08:31:03 pm »
Try this...build your entire label in Publisher or something like it, save it as a jpeg, and insert that into the Neato software.

I remember using Neato to make CD labels. Their software has always been a bit twitchy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk