Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Taxmans Triple Hopped  (Read 3226 times)

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Taxmans Triple Hopped
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:32:06 am »
Brewmasters edition Bomber of tripel hopped was an amazing brew.  There is the smooth, clean, bready, chewy, but still refreshing exemption tripel with a hop burst.  I picked up one from my supermarket for $7.99, then made the drive to the brewery for another couple on tap.  I know it was merely a Thursday night, but the beer was that good.  I know there is pacific gem, citra, and el dorado via the bottle.  After hitting up two of their brewers, there was a hint or two.  Pacific gem was the bitter addition, citra and el dorado were WP additions.  I couldn't get out of them dry hopped or not.  However this brew is really something special.  There is said to be spices used, however I really feel like it is very, very light. Just like the Exemption the spices are barely noticeable, and I pride myself for having a pretty sensitive palate.  This beer is one I would make an hour drive for.  However they are 10 mins down the road, surprise surprise why I went for some fresh from the tap.  So for you that don't live in indy, best luck to you in finding this brew. I really think it is something special.  While I was there I did steal a bottle of their qualified barrel release.  I have not cracked the seal, because I want to hold on to it until the holidays.  However the 'sample' on tap was to die for.

Anyone out there that finds Taxman Brewing Co on the shelf having any doubts, please give them a try.  They have some really tasty beers.  I would love to know what you guys think of their brews.

sidenote - if you find La Masion/farmhouse  Think of it as a Belgian pale ale.  That is what they enter it into comps for but that is some insider info ;) however for a BPA it is wonderful.  For a saison... meh, not what I think of as a saison.  It is still too sweet for a saison IMHO.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
Re: Taxmans Triple Hopped
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:42:24 am »
Agreed. If you see Taxman beers on tap or on the shelf, you are virtually guaranteed of having a pretty darn good beer. They are focused on Belgian styles and execute them well.
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Taxmans Triple Hopped
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:31:49 am »
Yep, everything I've had from them has been good to excellent.
Jon H.