Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Magic City Brewfest Postponed  (Read 910 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Magic City Brewfest Postponed
« on: May 27, 2017, 02:16:45 pm »
I received this from FTH today:

As a direct result of price increases - equating to more than triple the cost of previous years - imposed by the City of Birmingham for rental of the event venue (Sloss Furnaces), Free The Hops and our event partner Yarbrough Company have no alternative but to postpone this annual fundraising event to a later date in the summer of 2017. As such, Magic City Brewfest will not be held on June 9th and 10th at Sloss Furnace.

This is devastating news for Free The Hops to share on the behalf of all of the volunteers whom have been working tirelessly to prepare for this fundraiser. We sincerely apologize to our ticketholders for this unexpected and inconvenient change in plans.

Free The Hops will announce in the next 7-10 business days the new location and date for Magic City Brewfest. Free the Hops is embracing this opportunity to work with an amazing new venue and revamp the event model so we can create a fresh approach to this time-honored event. There will be many exciting details to come. Please stay tuned!

Ticketing Information
For those dedicated Free The Hops members and Magic City Brewfest loyalists who have already purchased tickets, we have two options for you. We will honor your ticket(s) for the rescheduled event, no matter the session you purchased.
If you would like a refund now, you may seek that at your point of purchase. (PayPal or Ticketmaster)  If you encounter difficulty in securing your refund, please complete the form at this link and someone will be assigned to assist you.  (Please note that only the face value of the tickets purchased will be fully refunded, not the associated fees.)

Although we are all disappointed to have our efforts and plans unavoidably changed so close to the original event date, FTH is committed to organizing and hosting the best craft beer sampling event of the year.

Sincerely,
- Free the Hops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:24:35 pm by BrewBama »