Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Traveling with Family to Homebrew Con?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline bosoxbrent

• 1st Kit
    • MacAloney.net
Traveling with Family to Homebrew Con?
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:28:52 pm »
Since this year's Homebrew Con is in such a cool location, I decided to turn it into a 2-week road trip with the family.  By driving, I'm making sure I can bring some beer from Surly, New Glarus, and 3 Floyds back to Maryland with me.  I'm also able to take the wife and kids and spend some quality time with them in Chicago and Minneapolis.

Without getting into too many other details, is anyone else bringing their family?  I'm sure my wife and kids would be super happy to have someone to hang out with during the day while I'm at the Homebrew Con sessions.  My daughters are 5 and 2 and we are staying in an AirBnB just south of the Convention Center. 

Feel free to shoot me an email if you are bringing family.  My email is:  bosoxbrent@gmail.com

Cheers and safe travels to Minneapolis!

-Brent

Offline mypenguin

• 1st Kit
Re: Traveling with Family to Homebrew Con?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:07:59 pm »
If your wife/kids are looking for something to do, there are so many things in Minneapolis and St. Paul for kids.  The Science Museum, the Children's Museum is doing a re-grand opening this coming weekend (June 7th) so will be available to them during the conference, Minnesota Zoo, Apple Valley water park, Como Zoo and conservatory (free).  Please take the time and email or call Rick at Carlson's Llovable Llamas if they like animals.  www.carlsonsllovablellamas.com/
Your kids can brush, pet, feed and even walk llamas around like dogs.  My daughters are a hair older when we went (6 and 9) and they absolutely loved it.  They can also visit the MN Landscape Arboretum out that direction.  It was voted #1 in the country.